Vino's steed

daverow
daverow Posts: 64
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Seriously nice paint job on Vino's Spesh yesterday. Does anyone have any more details on this frameset and whether it's available for public consumption?.. It beats the bejesus out of Wiggo's aberration.

Despite all the hating going on, Vino showed true tactical nouse to pull that out of the bag yesterday. In the right break, at the right time and with the legs to make it stick from 8Km out.. you don't 'buy' that, you earn it. Fine performance from my favourite 'villain'.

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    It's been in one of the cycling mags recently...all pros who normally ride Spesh during the season have been given the special paint job.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Havent had a close up look but I think loads of them are riding it.

It may be this frame
    http://roadcyclinguk.com/news/gear-news ... c-sl4.html
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    daverow wrote:
    . you don't 'buy' that, you earn it. Fine performance from my favourite 'villain'.

Maybe true. Its L-B-L you can buy at a knockdown 100k Euro - allegedly ?
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Was wondering about this but only because I thought they looked utterly hideous.
  • daverow
    daverow Posts: 64
    FF - That's defo the one. "Deep Red" is alittle bit off from my estimation though... More HOT RED!

I can understand the polarised opinion about Vino and, indeed, the colour of this frame but generally I think there's too much grey/black/white in cycling. The 80's were possibly the highpoint of colour usage with the Mapei kit being an instant standout example of this. Remeber the Klein MTB frames of the 90's? They dared to be different and people had very different opinions of them too.

Hat's off to Specialized I say!
  • all pros who normally ride Spesh during the season have been given the special paint job.

The S-works frame Ellen van Dijk was riding in the Women's RR was black; she rides for a team one of whose name sponsors is Specialized.

Andy
  • ilovebigwig
    ilovebigwig Posts: 118
    daverow wrote:
    Seriously nice paint job on Vino's Spesh yesterday. Does anyone have any more details on this frameset and whether it's available for public consumption?.. It beats the bejesus out of Wiggo's aberration.

Despite all the hating going on, Vino showed true tactical nouse to pull that out of the bag yesterday. In the right break, at the right time and with the legs to make it stick from 8Km out.. you don't 'buy' that, you earn it. Fine performance from my favourite 'villain'.

There was an advert/story in Pro Cycling last month re them doing this for their Olympic riders, apparently it's a Fluoro Orange. It seems to be solely to draw the viewers eye, which has worked out well for Spesh.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I liked it

The current trend for stealthy black bikes looked pretty good when they first came out but they quickly started looking bland, boring and too common. So hell yeah for gaudy paint jobs

+1 on the old Klein paintjobs, they were awesome loved the sunburst!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Does the job though – the branded colour is noticeable in the melee. If the IOC got uptight and demanded the logos be removed the colour itself would scream Spesh. It's not intended as discreet leisurewear.