Tour of Turkey EPO positive.

Noclue
Noclue Posts: 503
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Remember stage 3 where Grabovski stormed up that mountain and took the overall that he then held on to until the end? Well it was to good to be true, he has apparently tested positive for EPO in a sample taken during the Tour of Turkey. :roll:

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Well I never...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Berlin Wall down yet?
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    His Wikipedia page is funny.
    Gabrovsky speaks French fluently, a skill that he attributes to his beginnings in professional cycling, where he was part of Jean Delatour team.[6] In 2003 he was prevented from racing the 3 Days of West Flanders when he came in over the hematocrit limit. In 2005, he was prevented from riding the world championship in Madrid after failing a blood test conducted by the UCI. He said at that time that being an athlete, his body was producing more red blood cells than the average person. On July 18 2012 it was announced that Gabrovsky had tested positive for EPO at that year's Presidential Tour of Turkey and that he could face a ban and the loss of his title

He's thicker than his blood.
  • liquor box
    liquor box Posts: 184
    I dont think this could be a suprise to anyone, I think even the eurosport commentators wanted to say it during the race!