Snobbery?!?!

2»

Comments

• bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I've met as many bike snobs on cheapies who whinge about other people's expensive bikes as I have expensive riders looking down their noses. But thankfully, both circumstances are rare and the majority of riders look at bikes and riders with genuine curiosity.
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. The other week in Peaslake while we were having some lunch a kid rolled up with one of the odder combinations I've ever seen. Nice shiny 661 full-face helmet, big knee and shin armour... and some sort of cheapo Apollo-style hardtail with a kickstand and a big chain lock attached to the frame. Not so much looking down at him as just looking puzzled really, would love to have seen him riding it all down some of the gnarlier stuff.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    milko9000 wrote:
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. The other week in Peaslake while we were having some lunch a kid rolled up with one of the odder combinations I've ever seen. Nice shiny 661 full-face helmet, big knee and shin armour... and some sort of cheapo Apollo-style hardtail with a kickstand and a big chain lock attached to the frame. Not so much looking down at him as just looking puzzled really, would love to have seen him riding it all down some of the gnarlier stuff.
    I've seen that kind of thing a few times.
    Whilst i can relate to, and sympathise, that some people struggle to get by and that an Apollo or similar is all they could afford to get, I am often puzzled when their protective gear is worth far more than their entire bike would have cost.
    Quite a few of them turn out to be fantastic riders, too.