Weather is pants

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
Is the weather bugging anyone else or just me when ever I decide to go for a cycle the weather is shocking rain, wind and more or is that just the Manchester area, the black clouds must be stuck over this s..t hole!!.
Might invest in a turbo trainer and a very bright light... :evil:

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Exmoor has been basking in hot sunshine for over a week, until this morning. Sun's coming out now though.

Generally though it's wet around here, and having lived in Manchester for fifteen years I know what it's like there too. I feel your pain.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Well I've been sitting overlooking the river in Ghent, enjoying a beer or two and watching the world go by, I have to say, the weather has been fantastic. Sunshine, 29C, Belgian beer and pretty girls to pretend I'm not looking at......... marvellous !!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yep, been raining most of the morning here in Bury. Now it has cleared up a bit at least.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    You live near Costco- go and get a Costco hotdog and ice cream from the cafe!

Seriously though, I live near you guys, and yes the weather is pants. I had planned a 6 am ride today, but it was just too rainy until about 2pm - did 4 hours and it only rained briefly just once (whilst going through Darwen - miserable place that it is).
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    My club is a 6 mile ride away - it was pouring down today so I stayed in bed only to find out later that it was bright weather 6 miles away and loads turned up. draaaaaaaaaaaat.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Been OK down in Notts today. Sunny, if cool & breezy 55miles this morning, had to eat inside, rather than outside at our BBQ this afternoon.
    Maybe the weather's repeating its pattern for 1948? if so, we're in for a shitty August!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Maybe the weather's repeating its pattern for 1948?

But on the plus side no more hitler and only 18 years till we win the world cup. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Went out on my trusty steed all clad with Nuovo Campag 11 last Wednesday and got caught in a downpour and my bike looked like it had been through the Paris Roubaix and the battle of the Sommes. Actually hosed it off when I got back. The mud was so thick, my chain crunched around and through the gears.

I was soaked to the skin and add to that it wasn't warm rain. FUkljhsbelikfnsjk,nbhasdtjhnbadfs ckjbmhsfvbjsradgfjghb grs ujygsraetjhgfdacukygrstajhgrsahjb grdrh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

It was the 3rd day in a row on the bike getting drenched. I am fed up of it. Dreaming of warm days and sunny rides - 2013 maybe ?!?!?!.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    MattC59 wrote:
    pretty girls to pretend I'm not looking at......... marvellous !!!

They call that piking round these parts ;)
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    Went out on my trusty steed all clad with Nuovo Campag 11 last Wednesday and got caught in a downpour and my bike looked like it had been through the Paris Roubaix and the battle of the Sommes. Actually hosed it off when I got back. The mud was so thick, my chain crunched around and through the gears.

I was soaked to the skin and add to that it wasn't warm rain. FUkljhsbelikfnsjk,nbhasdtjhnbadfs ckjbmhsfvbjsradgfjghb grs ujygsraetjhgfdacukygrstajhgrsahjb grdrh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

It was the 3rd day in a row on the bike getting drenched. I am fed up of it. Dreaming of warm days and sunny rides - 2013 maybe ?!?!?!.
    Same here - ground out a frozen, soaking, windy, miserable ton yesterday round the Trossachs. Looked like I'd cycled through a farmyard 100 times. Thing is, it was sunny when I left, and I'd carefully studied the Beeb forecast to see where the 'slow-moving downpours' wouldn't be.... damn you Auntie for your cr@p forecast. Oh and just to add insult to injury and trench-scrotum, the PF paid a visit thrice. Grrrr....
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I took the day off on Friday and went for an easy 69 miler. It was about the first ride this year that was actually pleasant due to the weather. Shame I find it hard work with being so down on miles....!
    Faster than a tent.......