Money saving ideas

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
Take up smoking. Then give it up again and you'll save yourself hundreds of pounds a year.

Comments

• Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    Buy a car, pay stupid amounts for tax and insurance then leave it at home and cycle everywhere.

Oh, hang on a minute, I already do that............. :lol:
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    I find it easier not to spend money. That saves a lot.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Eat grass cuttings and drink your own urine (you can pretend this is German Hock)
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Buy something from Wiggle every day-this guarantees a source of protein (Haribos,High5 etc).Send the goods back.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Manage/run a pub, you live on the premesis thus saving a fortune in travelling costs.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Rob a bank/bookies. If you get away with it you get a lot of cash moneys, if you get caught you get free bed and board for 15-20 years.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    save your old inner tubes, clean them up a bit, cut them in half and attach a buckle, then stamp it with a trendy name like 'Rapha' or something and flog then to gullible westenders....

oh damn, too slow, someone beat me to it !
    cinelli-bootleg-belt-med.jpg?w=350&h=350&a=7
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    save your old inner tubes, clean them up a bit, cut them in half and attach a buckle, then stamp it with a trendy name like 'Rapha' or something and flog then to gullible westenders....

oh damn, too slow, someone beat me to it !
    cinelli-bootleg-belt-med.jpg?w=350&h=350&a=7
    That's the best one yet.
    I heard someone from a trendy clothing brand, can't remember which one, saying during a radio interview that in the early days they used to buy M&S socks in packs and sell them individually at several times the price. Had anyone else been listening it could have been a Ratner moment.
  • nickellis
    nickellis Posts: 239
    GiantMike wrote:
    Rob a bank/bookies. If you get away with it you get a lot of cash moneys, if you get caught you get free bed and board for 15-20 years.

Don't forget the free XBOX or PS3 :)

AND

Possible shower room rape :(
    Trek 1.1c (2012) - For commuting
    Trek Madone 5.5c (2010) - For pleasure http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o62 ... G_0413.jpg
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    nickellis wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Don't forget the free XBOX or PS3 :)

AND

Possible shower room rape :(

At which point you get legal aid from the state to raise a lawsuit against the prison governors for allowing the rape to take place. Net result - you get the funds you were stealing from the bank in the first place.