Bike Insurance

richzilla
richzilla Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Road general
Hi All,

Ive just got my new road bike, and looking at my house insurance policy, it doesnt look like its covered. Anyone got any suggestions for good bike insurers?

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    I use M&S household insurance, unlimited contents and gives up to £4k for any one item - as long as its not in a collection ie Coins Stamps etc so multiple bikes covered. it also covers the bike/s away from home and abroad subject to no racing and locked securely etc etc
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Phone your house insurance and ask them how much to add it to the policy. Then when the policy is dur for renewal, look at house insurance that includes bikes. M&S and NFU insurance seem to get good reports on this forum.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I have chubb household insurance and get all bikes under that when stored at home, used in commuting, all racing and all usage (definitely includes European, haven't asked about worldwide).
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    +1 for M&S - though new policies have a limit of £1k for an un-named bike. if the bike is more, you have to let them know. If you're renewing an existing policy, apparently it stays at 4k.

I've made a claim on this and it took ten minutes and one phone call with the police indecent number to have them transfer the amount for a new replacement into my bank account there and then!

The standard policy also covers accidental damage and claims while abroad.