Cube Stereo vs Yeti 575

romft
romft Posts: 61
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Looking at buying one of these...........Trail riding, nothing more than a 4ft drop. Riding Haldon, Woodbury and trail centres. Just looking for plus points or minus points from people who have ridden or are still riding either of these....

Thanks
Jamie..

Comments

• devbrix
    devbrix Posts: 127
    Had a Cube Stereo HPC for nearly two years and bought it after a bit of research, good reviews and a great price from CRC. Great spec for £1800 although was irritated they dropped the price £200 two weeks after!
    This bike has been pummeled since, performed really well and I am very happy with it and no thoughts of changing. Major hardware (except rockshox revelations which has had a warranty repair) still original and fine. Usual wear and tear stuff- chains, gear cable, free hub (replaced for free by CRC), chain ring, headset bearing - a lot to do with the granite dust on Dartmoor I suspect. Rear shock no probs despite where its placed and it does get caked even with the proprietary mudguard - have serviced it myself and never seen dirt inside. Rock solid on Dartmoor, Exmoor, Coed y Brenin etc and copes with everything assuredly and I can usually beat the Spech's on really rocky downhill. Reviews are good (got 9/10 in MBR bike of the year) but do say the bottom bracket is low - but it's marginal and there's an argument it makes the bike more stable.
    The bike is plenty if not too capable for Haldon which even the red route is pretty tame compared to Dartmoor so no problems there. See it in action.
    http://youtu.be/OYbVa8SYy6Q
    All of these things....
  • romft
    romft Posts: 61
    Hi, thanks for taking the time and great infor.....
    Thanks Jamie...