sittingbourne area for cycle shoes

dazzlers82
dazzlers82 Posts: 50
edited July 2012 in Road general
hi all im loking to get some shoes but would like to try them on first for size is there anywhere in this area that has them on the shelf to try ive been looking at the shimano r077 as they seem to get good reviews and are not to expensive?????
Scott speedster 20 compact 2013
Claud butler san remo 2012

Comments

• Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    Closest 'proper' bike shop that I know of is Victory Cycles at bottom of Mierscourt Road in Rainham. Also try Geoff Wiles in strood, UK Cycles in Maidstone, Larkfield Cycles.

Scratch all that. Sittingbourne Halfords apparently has some in stock at £50.99, depends on size.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • dazzlers82
    I did not realise halfords done them and that's not a bad price either cheers

Just checked halfords do m077 not the r077 :(
  • Shackster
    Ah sorry, I mis-read what you put, plus I have a prediliction for all things mtb.

Failed with my first post in the road section :oops:

I'd refer to the other shops I listed then. I have both versions of these shimano shoes (the road and mtb versions are very similar, apart from the soles obviously), and they're very good.
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • Shackster
    Oh and the sizes come up quite small on both, so watch that if you order online.
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • dazzlers82
    Shackster wrote:
    Oh and the sizes come up quite small on both, so watch that if you order online.

That's why I want to try some before I order I'll try an pop over to larkfield in the week I can look at the 540 pedals to then
  • migrantwing
    migrantwing Posts: 385
    Order the shoes you want from an online store in two sizes and then just send back the size that doesn't fit to your liking. Most online stores offer free returns within 30 days.
    Ghost Race 5000 (2011) Shimano 105 Black
    Carrera TDF (2007)

http://www.bike-discount.de/#

http://www.bike24.com/
  • dazzlers82
    I could do but that means the hassle of sending back and having to pay for 2 pairs upfront
  • marin_maniac
    marin_maniac Posts: 513
    Oi Williams.