shrewsbury riders and routes

woodsnumber1
woodsnumber1 Posts: 9
edited August 2012 in MTB rides
hi all, ive been out off the xc am scene for about 5 years, and built myself a new bike months ago so i can get back into it, been riding haughmond hill alot over the past months, eastridge, nesscliffe, not done stretton yet, anyone know off any other good routes around the shrewsbury countryside areas, bike with a friend but he cant always make it so ride alone sometimes
cheers scott

Comments

• hopton worth a try
  • Fingz999
    Fingz999 Posts: 69
    Im not from shrews but telford we did a three day weekend at the long mynd two weeks ago al ot of climbing but good, last week we did llandegla again thats a great place and not to far to go also you have cannock chase definalty worth a visit.

only other natural one i can think of is the wreikin theres ment to be some tracks around the side of it but i havent yet been there seam to have been to busy exploring places further afield
  • thanks for the replys guys, hoptons definatly on my list to do and llandegla, heard nothing but good reviews from there
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Hiya, another Shrewsburyer here.

Hopton is decent on a trail bike, the DH is easy and there's XC there now. Llandegla is good, Cannock is crap (IMO). Also check out Bringewood and Bucknell for some DH type stuff. There are some good steep DH trails up on the wrekin now too, just head to the trigpoint at the top and if you're looking towards Shrews turn right and walk to the woods and you'll see them.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive then get over to Blaenau for upliftable AM/DH trails. Also if you want some more hairy stuff try Foel Gasnach (near Llandegla) and Revolution Bike Park. There's also a 4X track over at Much Wenlock called 'The Edge' that's quite fun.
  • hi majski , cheers for that mate, i have to rely on the wife for lifts lol so only get to go afar now and then unfortunatly. but they all sound cracking mate cheers.