Bike fitting - Stem lenght and bar rise (or not)?

MagnePange
MagnePange Posts: 38
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
So: thank´s al you tech guys for helping out on the fork issue. I will take a RockShox Lyrik Soloair. That´s probably the best choice for the money.

Then I need to do some work on the cookpit. I ride a Canyon Strive - medium size. Pretty good but the top tube is very long. 690 mm. The stem is 65 mm.

I think that the factory settings worked pretty well execept for steep stuff where I keep getting the saddle in the private parts. I can avoid this if I slam the saddle down. But for racing in Maxiavalance that´s not an opiton. Buying a reverb is not an option for economic reasons.

I have tried to angulate the riserbar (20 or 25 mm rise) backvards and move the sadle as long forward as possible - in order to shrink the mauvering space.. That works pretty good.

What would be the the best:
A. Run a shorter flat stem and a flat bar?
B. Run a shorter riser stem and a flat bar?
C. Run a shorter flat stem and keep the riser bar?
D. Any other suggestion?

Thank´s

MP

Comments

• estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    c

shortest stem, riser bar

flat and low will just make you lean more on the front end

maybe a smaller saddle or a layback seatpost.........
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I'd suggest lowering the saddle slightly to a bit of a compromise position, which will still allow you to pedal fairly well, but isn;t so high that it impedes your manouverability on the bike.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Backswept bars....look at what you have, the same angle on some bars starts further out from the stem so the rear movement of the grips is reduced.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.