Olympic Road Race on Tv

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Dezpite much searching I just can't find when coverage of the road race will be on terrestrial tv.

Please can anyone advise so that I know when to be in?

Thanks.

(ps my dad has Eurosport player - what time will it be on that?)

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    10am-2pm BBC3 - with bits of other sports
    2pm onwards - BBC1

Plus, if you have Sky, Virgin or Freesat, it will be on uninterrupted on one of the 20 odd dedicated BBC channels.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Fantastic, thanks for that!
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    Cheers was looking for this myself. Just found the BBCs xtra 24 channels would never ave known they were there.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,934
    Would be nice to know what will be on which channel! There must be a schedule out there somewhere.

nice to see Brad opening the opening ceremony - nice touch, so long as he now gets his kip!
  • RichN95.
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Would be nice to know what will be on which channel! There must be a schedule out there somewhere.

nice to see Brad opening the opening ceremony - nice touch, so long as he now gets his kip!

Have you bothered to read this thread. I've already told you the schedule.
  • AllezGaz
    AllezGaz Posts: 93
    BBC1@1.15pm
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,934
    RichN95 wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Have you bothered to read this thread. I've already told you the schedule.

I've read it, but clearly you haven't read my post properly! :mrgreen:
    Do you state which channel between 450 and 474 uninterrupted coverage will be on? ....................

It is on BBC Olympics Channel 3 which on Sky is channel 452, for full coverage.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
  • Silly Old Hector
    Silly Old Hector Posts: 573
    edited July 2012
    Freesat 153 is HD
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • kinesin
    kinesin Posts: 100
    Freeview 304 for HD version of 301 :-)
  • BBC 1.....Just press the RED button and select..the whole race on live
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Get this bloody rowing off the tv. On the big screens they are just showing BBC1.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Pictures fantastic

Timings, distances and gaps updates are absolutely woeful

And Hugh Porter couldn't recognize his own mother.......
  • campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    ^^
    What he said, nice pictures but piss poor coverage
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    No time gaps, no interviews and no podium. :/
    Must be honest the BBC didn't do a good job. :(

Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    As I understand it, the feed is provided by a tame IOC company. Porter and Boardman are staring at a screen like us. But it was very poor information.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • RichN95.
    As I understand it, the feed is provided by a tame IOC company. Porter and Boardman are staring at a screen like us. But it was very poor information.

The IOC's company (OBS) provide the pictures but are partly subcontracted - in this case to Dutch broadcasters NOS.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    From what I can gather via the people I follow on Twitter the coverage on freeview was swapping around all other place between BBC3 red button & BBC1 red button. Luckily for me I had the poor transmission from OBS on Virgin 552.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I was watching it on Star Sports, East Asia and it was horrendous. Camera never got near riders so struggled to ID anyone and no time gaps. OBS seem to have been responsible for this. Star Sports eventually switched over to these horrific trans gendered people lifting weights so actually to be fair, the Star Sports couldn't give a monkey's about cycling anyway. OBS should really be removed from any coverage of cycling sports events after today, if it was them who spoiled the experience we should have had . I see Hein Verguggen heads up OBS..expect he would do much like in his old job