Guisbrorough Red Route! What a rush!

BikernatS
BikernatS Posts: 57
edited August 2012 in MTB beginners
Decided to go to Guisborough Forest today to try the trails :) Was only planning on doing the blue route as I wasnt feeling too confident (or fit!).

Anyway ended up loosing the blue track, don't know how :oops: Anyway I thought I would continue and follow the red......... ALL BLOODY UP HILL!!! Took many breaks on the way up :oops: :oops: soo bloody tiring and I was like a snail lol! Luckily there wern't many people around so no one saw my red sweaty self puffing my way up the hills.... :mrgreen:

Got to the top to find myself at Highcliffe Nab, which sortov took me by supprise as I didn't realise i'd come so far.

bT7Cd.jpg

This is where the fun began, quick downhill singletrack through the woods :D And I didn't kill myself which is a bonus!! :lol: Felt scared of a few bits like the steep downhill section part way down this bit of the route.. had to walk it lol! But after my confidence grew and grew :D

Not too sure what happend next but ended up near Roseberry topping, huffing and puffing again through the uphill sections to get here!

iVUrb.jpg

More slippy slidey SCARY singletrack led me back to the Visitors Centre! :D Soo happy with myself! :mrgreen: And it was soo fun :) Can't wait to go back, although im not looking to the hills on the way up lol!

Dirty bike!

oM8Ri.jpg

About to go home

g0Kij.jpg

Clean bike!!! AND no reflectors! lol

kj0jB.jpg

Comments

• waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Good stuff! How was the bike?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • BikernatS
    bike was excellent :) want some new tyres though as they seem to loose speed quick which meant alot more hard work for me.

But it did everything I wanted it to and more, so thumbs up :)
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Nice one - a muddy bike is a happy bike, mine is never clean otherwise I might spot something that needed repairing.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    BikernatS wrote:
    bike was excellent :) want some new tyres though as they seem to loose speed quick which meant alot more hard work for me.

But it did everything I wanted it to and more, so thumbs up :)
    If you're on long grass like in the photo, then there isn't a tyre that will roll through that very effectively.
  • BikernatS
    Haha I know that. I'm on about the fire road type tracks on the way up... and yeh i know they wont roll uphill lol. There are down hill sections, which i'm referring to.
  • Went and did this again today. Went up a slightly different way (via blue lake) thinking it would take me closer to Highcliffe Nab (It didn't lol).

Not noticed any difference in fitness yet, but I havn't been out much and I know this will come with time :) But even though it was only my second time one this route I felt my technique was a little better. I was a little quicker and didn't feel the need to dis-mount and walk part of some of the "scarier" sections (The steep downhill rocky section after the bit where all the trees are chopped down and you can see Roseberry Topping).

Feel brill! Feels like i've actually acomplshed something :)
  • jonesy99
    jonesy99 Posts: 68
    cant wait to get a bike this weekend so i can give those trails a run, i havent been on bike years that looks so much fun. are they any mtb clubs in the cleveland area?