Ekoi Kit

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Does anyone own any Ekoi kit and if so is it any good?
Cheers

Comments

• mjbennett
    mjbennett Posts: 532
    Yes i do, bibs, jerseys and helmet. The kit is good value for money, especially if you buy it in the sale. I think the standard is similar to santini or giordana. The bibs are really comfy, but the pads are not as good as high end ones like Assos.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    i bought my dad a jersey in france last year and i really like it, i think he does to. good quality and was pretty cheap too.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    Yep bought one of their jerseys last year, great easy kit
  • What's the sizing like on these? I'm a 35" chest, 62kg, so would usually go for an Extra Small, perhaps a small. Looking at the Ekoi website though, Small is 75-85cm, which is about 30-33", is this right? Same for shorts really - I'm 30" waist, but the website suggests small is 35"?

Thanks.
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    Sizing is similar to Italian brands, as I'm a medium in santini, Torm, ekoi and giordana and a small in pearl Izumi.

Wondering where you buy their stuff in the uk now, the uk site doesn't seem to be working any more.
  • I was just going to order from France tbh, they must do international shipping.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I couldn't get registered on their site... can you post again on this thread if you are successful?
  • sonny73
    Cool thanks for the replies. I ended up ordering from their Canadian site http://www.ekoi.ca/ as the French, Swiss and Danish sites had no UK delivery option.
    They posted it same day so hopefully wont take too long to come, worked out on a jersey and bibs I'm looking at around £20 import tax, so not so bad. With postage the price was roughly that of buying from France (bar the import tax). Annoying I couldn't get stuff from Europe though.
    There is a UK site, but all it says is: This page has been reserved for future use.
  • mjbennett
    mjbennett Posts: 532
    i ordered mine on the french site, no problems. My gcse french helped, but google does a translation that you can use. If you have a google websearch on your tab it will ask you if you want it translated.
  • sonny73
    Nice, I didn't spot the Royaume-Uni option to allow purchase from the .fr and .ch sites.
    Well at least they didn't have my size so I haven't done myself out of cash buying from Canada :)
  • Has anyone ordered recently?

There was a UK holding page for a while but only the international site now.
  • Yeah ordered probably a month ago from the french site, very good service!
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I got some really nice Ekoi gloves while out in Spain for the QBH this summer and have been looking for more of their kit.

Looks like the ekoi.fr site has a full English language option and does delivery now. Some nice looking kit on there as well.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...