token jockey wheels

black.converse
black.converse Posts: 56
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
hey, started to become a weight weenie and brought some token jockey wheels - tk1711tbt, now im just about to install them when i noticed them selling token jokey wheel bolts :shock: - do i need to buy them or can they be used with the current xt derailler jokey wheel bolts?? thanks :)
It never gets easier. You just go faster. – Greg LeMond

The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community. - Ann Strong

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Have you tried?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • not yet, but i have it checked in tomorrow, i just wondered if any one knew before i start and if il save money or not

The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community. - Ann Strong
  • hey, the shimano xt rear derailler jockey wheel bolts did fit the token wheels, the bushings that came with the token jockey wheels are not needed

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Can I ask how much weight was saved with those jockey wheels?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Remember to put threadlock on-ive heard of many people losing their jockey wheels after not doing this after a service.

Can I ask how much weight was saved with those jockey wheels?

I estimate about 1/25th of a Haribo