Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB workshop & tech

Normal Pump for shock?

SiuxiaSiuxia Posts: 5
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a new set of forks on the way. (Reba RL's)
I also have a Joe Blow Max and a Crank Bros mini pump.

Are these capable of being used as shock pumps or do I really need a separate pump for the forks?



  • Chunkers1980Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You need a shock specific pump. Most people end up having 3. A track, trail and shock.
  • you really need a shock pump.

    They pump at higher pressures with lower air volumes, and have a special valve so you don't loose your air pressure when you take off the pump, I will also be surprised if a normal pump will fit into the gap left when you remove the dust cap
  • SiuxiaSiuxia Posts: 5
    Sweet, all I needed to know I already have 2 of the 3.

  • FunBusFunBus Posts: 394
    this'll do the trick and only £15 ... B00486G5HE

    similar to more expensive brands and just as reliable/easy to use
Sign In or Register to comment.