Veloce Chain ?

wilky27
wilky27 Posts: 200
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Hi,

Quick one. I bought a campag veloce cassette to go on my new wheels, do I need a veloce chain to match? I'm currently using my old chain but haven't a clue what it is! It came on my wilier izoard, so it maybe miche.

Thanks,
Paul.

Comments

• Any chain that is compatible with Campag 10 speed should be fine. If you've had the original chain a while it is worth getting it checked as they stretch over time and this causes additional wear to the other drive chain components. If you do need a replacement I find the KMC chains are best for use on Campag 10 speed as they are much less hassle to fit and work just as well as Campag's own.
    Summer - Colnago C40
    Race - Wilier Alpe D'Huez
    Winter/Commuter - Specialized Tricross
  • Leeuw
    Leeuw Posts: 99
    It's generally best to change the chain when you put a new cassette on - if it's done a fair few miles that is. You don't need to run a Veloce chain with Veloce cassette though, as long as it's designed for the right number of gears...Could be Miche/Sedis/Campag/SRAM etc (didn't mention Shimano there, had too many break on my MTB :( )

So as long as you've not done loads of miles on the old cassette, you should be fine
  • wilky27
    wilky27 Posts: 200
    The miche chain had done less than 200 miles, so I should be fine.

Cheers chaps!