A Cycle Courier takes on the World

raymondo60
raymondo60 Posts: 735
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
I've posted this in 'Tours & Expeditions' but the Cake Stop Crew may be interested too.

"Just a heads up for a fantastic website. Young lady called Emily Chappell, ex-cycle courier at my company in London, left the UK in September 2011 on a four-year cycle ride around the world. No charities as such, no sponsorship, no logistical support - she just wanted to do it. Her website and blog is (IMHO) about the best thing on the web right now - please do check it out if that sort of thing interests you. www.thatemilychappell.com

Safe journeys."
Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Great to see someone just riding their bike without feeling the need to justify it by doing it for charidee.....
    More problems but still living....
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I did a bit of a 'tour' with her a couple of years ago (actually just a 3 day trip from Birmingham to Llanidloes), she is a smashing woman.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • This. Is. Awesome.
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • As a follow-up, the young lady mentioned above has just been voted the 'Travel Blog writer of the Year' - please do check out the website, it really is excellent.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Funnily enough, I received a "new post" email for this thread as I was reading Emily's update from today! I've read all the posts now and it's been such an inspirational read. Massive thanks for pointing it out in the original post.
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra