The Batman Appreciation Thread

Twelly
Twelly Posts: 1,437
edited August 2012 in The hub
Saw the Dark Knight Rises last night and Holy Orange Wednesdays Batman! It was incredible.

Batman - awesome
Bane - brutal
Catwoman - shiiiiitt thats hawt

That is all.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yippee. Did you have popcorn?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Twelly
    cooldad wrote:
    Yippee. Did you have popcorn?

Nope, I only had a months wages with me, so not enough for a small popcorn.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You'd have to be shot in the head to go and watch that.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Some place in Colorado has got it in 4d I've heard.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Saw it at the weekend, definitely lived up to the hype and ended the trilogy on a high.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    michelle pfeiffer is the better catwoman.
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Can't wait to see this tbh!
  • Twelly
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    Can't wait to see this tbh!

You won't be disapointed
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD

A very good film indeed

As good as TDK ? nope, not IMO, but then it was never going to be i dont think due to the lack of Joker-ness

The surprise for me was Anne Hathaway. I thought she was brilliant. Nailed the sexy/badass element of the character. Also liked the fact she wasnt actually called Catwoman.

Think that Tom Hardy was a little wasted on Bane TBH. He's a great actor, so i felt it was a shame you couldnt see most of his face. If they had gone down the steroid/Venom road as opposed to pain control, they could have changed or binned the mask, but it prob wouldnt have got a 12A rating then.

Also felt there could have been more Batman. There is a lot of Bruce Wayne in the film, but not as much Batman as i would have liked.

Think Nolan did an excellent job of weaving together key elements from the Batman universe, some of which totally unconnected, into a believable story

In all, an excellent film
  • Twelly
    DCR00 wrote:
    Also felt there could have been more Batman. There is a lot of Bruce Wayne in the film, but not as much Batman as i would have liked.

I can see what you mean but I think that epic long intro until he finally dons the mask again just builds up the tension and emphasises just how cool Batman is when he gets going.

The scene near the end with him and Bane slugging it out on the street was brilliant.

Favourite line: "Death!... by exile."
  • DCR00
    True, the section where he finally appears is brilliant

Chris Nolan is probably the greatest director of his generation. I cant wait to see what he does next.

This isn't a weak film by any stretch. If TDK wasn't as amazing as it was, then this would have been the best Batman film without doubt.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    DCR00 wrote:
    This isn't a weak film by any stretch. If TDK wasn't as amazing as it was, then this would have been the best Batman film without doubt.

I liked TDK, the Joker was a really good villain and worked really well... but IMO this story was much more exciting, really built it up and then delivered with the action too. Remember sitting there for the first half hour a bit bemused at the lack of action though :lol: My favourite of the 3. Just.
  • djfleming22
    djfleming22 Posts: 116
    Yeah went to see it as well fantastic film .... only problem nobody will ever be able to better them if they make a remake ............sorry George Lucas but your films after the Return of the Jedi were pish crap and ham actors and you wasted a great trilogy.... hope it never happens with this....so hands off Lucas or anyone else
  • DCR00
    Yeah went to see it as well fantastic film .... only problem nobody will ever be able to better them if they make a remake ............sorry George Lucas but your films after the Return of the Jedi were pish crap and ham actors and you wasted a great trilogy.... hope it never happens with this....so hands off Lucas or anyone else

A tad harsh. Phantom Menace is sh*te, but the others are quite good IMO. They arent as good as Empire Strikes Back, but then neither are the other two.

Agreed. Who has the balls to reboot the Batman franchise ??? Nolan got it so on the money that i fail to see how anyone can better him.
  • DCR00
    Angry Bird wrote:
    DCR00 wrote:

I liked TDK, the Joker was a really good villain and worked really well... but IMO this story was much more exciting, really built it up and then delivered with the action too. Remember sitting there for the first half hour a bit bemused at the lack of action though :lol: My favourite of the 3. Just.

ive just rewatched most of TDK and you know its not as exciting as TDKR. But it has Joker.
  • adiggers
    adiggers Posts: 67
    DCR00 wrote:
    True, the section where he finally appears is brilliant

Chris Nolan is probably the greatest director of his generation. I cant wait to see what he does next.

superman
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/
  • DCR00
    Trailer showed at start of TDKR

Cavill looks good, although you only see him briefly in the costume. Whether he can nail CK like Routh did remains to be seen....

Snyder is directing. Nolan is only producing.
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Was going to watch it last week. Read some reviews that said it was cack and dragged on for far too long (mostly Daily Mail IIRC) so didn't bother. Gonna try and go when Ireturn from hols.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    jndb72 wrote:
    Was going to watch it last week. Read some reviews that said it was cack and dragged on for far too long (mostly Daily Mail IIRC) so didn't bother. Gonna try and go when Ireturn from hols.

TTFN

You believed the Daily Fail?

Interesting.
  • erinmills
    erinmills Posts: 12
    Can't wait to watch it tomorrow nite!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I've heard of hijacking a plane but that was a bit exrteme :lol:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    As an 'action' movie its great; as representation of Frank Millar's original 'Dark Knight' graphic novel(s) then its just not the thing. Of course I appreciate that 'movies' and 'comics' are different genres and I can't deny that Nolan has created a serious body of work with the trilogy, but when I heard years back that he was putting the Dark Knight on screen, I did have hopes that it would be a representation of Millar's concept. Those story lines would have made a fantastic action adventure and had all the relevant characters; Harvey Dent, Joker, even Superman. If you ever get the chance do read the comics. As an example, the 'Watchmen' movie (Zak Snyder) DID stay reasonably closer to the graphic novel plot and design and was, IMVHO, a superior movie because of that.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • DCR00
    he got pretty close you have to say. There are so many parallels with TDKReturns its uncanny. Doesnt have Superman or the Joker in it, but Joker was never going to be in it after Ledger died.

I think i agree that Watchmen is a better film than TDKRises