Which Cube

MontyB
MontyB Posts: 3
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Just signed up so let me start by saying HELLO!

So, have done the hard part by choosing my first new mtb in years, and i mean like 20! It came down to a Cube or a Whyte and after having a little play on both went for Cube.

Am doing a little xc on an old '97 Cannondale F700 but suspension has seized and it's, well, old. So am upgrading. Thing is i can get either the Cube LTD Pro or Cube LTD Race. As i do trails and xc but am doing a coast to coast charity ride, with hopefully a trip to Gisburn Forest in between, am totally clueless as to which to pick. Aside from the slightly better Shimano spec on the race, will the Pro still be more than up to the challenges of some decent off road?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Hello and Yup.

Where are you buying the cube from?
  • MontyB
    MontyB Posts: 3
    LBS. May be £75 difference in the 2 but i've already upped my budget after originally going for the Acid. As ya do lol
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    Both have the same frame and are more than adequate, however the Race is slightly lighter with a better fork. We an SL.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • Dubdemand
    Dubdemand Posts: 37
    I would buy the best you can afford to be honest... I was looking at the ltd SL but ended up with a Reaction GTC Race for £1175 which is a crazy price when you consider how much higher spec it is with a carbon frame, SRAM X0 and Rebas for only £135 more than you can buy the LTD Race for in the UK! My bike sells for £1,595 in the UK!

My advice is to go to www.bike-discount.de, choose a bike you like that's slightly over budget and then phone and ask them for their best price. You will be surprised how good a deal you can achieve!

It worked brilliantly for me and I saved over £650 against uk list prices on new bikes for me and the wife!
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Dubdemand wrote:
    My advice is to go to http://www.bike-discount.de, choose a bike you like that's slightly over budget and then phone and ask them for their best price. You will be surprised how good a deal you can achieve!

This.

Although I doubt they will offer more discount on just one bike. Still cracking prices though. I paid less for a LTD Pro than if I had bought the standard LTD in the UK