How many hours of le tour did you watch this year?

alihisgreat
alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
edited July 2012 in Pro race
With Wiggo's winning time of 87 hours something... who has watched the most?

I watched at least the highlights to every stage.. and watched quite a few complete stages.. so I reckon ~30-40 hours for me.

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I watched at least the last 2 hours of every stage (I finish work at 2pm!), bar 3. But I watched a few full stages also. I'd guess 40+ hours... oh dear, when you put it like that, i'm a bit ashamed.

Also watched the highlights with my fiance every night after she finished work.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I watched at least the last 2 hours of every stage (I finish work at 2pm!), bar 3. But I watched a few full stages also. I'd guess 40+ hours... oh dear, when you put it like that, i'm a bit ashamed.

Also watched the highlights with my fiance every night after she finished work.

Similar. My life has been empty since.Thank God for Saturday's chipper.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Well above 50. And I don't even feel bad about it like previous years. The weather was pretty awful this time.
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    I managed to watch Eurosport's coverage of most stages to the displeasure of my boss when i got a dedicated monitor for it!! Each time he popped to see me, i asked if he was enjoying Tour TV... It will now be turned into Olympic TV!!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    domhopson wrote:
    I managed to watch Eurosport's coverage of most stages to the displeasure of my boss when i got a dedicated monitor for it!! Each time he popped to see me, i asked if he was enjoying Tour TV... It will now be turned into Olympic TV!!

Where do you work? and do you have any jobs going?

I watched the highlights for most stages and I think i watched 4 live stages so that must have been 12-16 hours, lets say 14 and then one hour for 17 stages so 31 hours! thats as much tv as i watched all year probably. Apart from a few episodes of Inspector Montalbano
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    I'm lucky enough to be my own boss so was able to watch every stage live on Eurosport on the iPad and then watched the ITV highlights every night with the wife.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Maybe around 15? Something like that anyway.

I tend to look at the CN or Twitter reports on the flatter stages and then decide whether to watch live. Because I "hate cycling" I don't find the whole early break, dangling break, catch, trains and sprint thing interesting. TT's I will just have a look at to see what the route is like.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,397
    Lionel Birnie on the Bike Resonance Pod suggested that we re sold the vision that the Tour is like looking at a painting by a Grand Master, where as in reality today it's more like looking at an architecht drawing.

I quite like that...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I missed a few stages due to being in London seeing BRUCE, but I watched all the rest as soon as coverage started on ITV4. Ah the joys of being an unemployed student. I can't afford to leave the house anyway.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I had all of Eurosport's live coverage on.

Also watched all the ITV4 highlights.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    The TV was on if coverage was on, although I would be doing other things and just listening having a look every now and then, normally until the final hour or so of racing.

I guess I actually watched something like 30 hours, maybe more.
    Mañana
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 214
    Likewise I have a 42" plasma next to my desk at work, and I can influence what is shown on it. Alas I had eurosport on daily :-)
    The most I missed was when driving from bagneres du luchon to chartres
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Far too many.

Mind you, I fell asleep watching it a more than once.

It really felt like a reserve fixture this year.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Timoid. wrote:
    Far too many.

Mind you, I fell asleep watching it a more than once.

It really felt like a reserve fixture this year.

I was guilty of falling asleep a few times too..

but not because it wasn't exciting or anything... I was just working early shifts (getting up at 5.45am) -> which was a shock to the system as a student who spent the year not getting up before 9.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    I had all of Eurosport's live coverage on.

Also watched all the ITV4 highlights.

Me too!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    live on ES, highlights on ITV4 and usually highlights around 10.30/11pm on ES when i'm doing some work...
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Most of it .. only missed a couple of stages live.

Watched live on Eurosport, then watched highlights from ITV4 .. sometimes I watched Eurosport on the TV and had ITV on the laptop just for maximum anecdoteage!
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    I think I watched almost every stage every afternoon on ITV4 (work fromm home) so hard not to watch. Loved every minute.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    I watched all of itv4's live coverage bar one stage (managed to get my days off to coincide with my days off work) and occasional interuptions at work. Its the first job I've had where having sport on is encouraged, and wasnt challenged for something different when I put tdf on. (dont get too excited, its only a fitness retail management job!)
  • Every non-TT stage in Eurosport in its entirety. The last hour or so of the TT stages. The ITV4 highlights of every stage (but not the round ups on rest days). Took me a while and a few late nights/afternoons off but that's what July is all about.