There is a God!!!!

smidsy
smidsy Posts: 5,273
edited July 2012 in The cake stop
Just seen that Noel Edmunds has pulled out of a prime time telly show as it 'did not excite him'.

Well thats a bloomin result for the rest of humanity then cos he does not excite us either.

Phew!!!
Yellow is the new Black.

Comments

• cruiser33
    cruiser33 Posts: 464
    Quite agree, always thought he was a bit of a Tosser.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Which particular bit of a tosser did you think he was? I always thought he was the whole thing!
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Noel Edmunds was cool for around 38 seconds in 1978 when he hosted Swap Shop, until the camera panned on him & he opened his mouth.
    Cycling weakly
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    And hopefully soon:- Vernon Kay
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    smidsy wrote:
    Just seen that Noel Edmunds has pulled out of a prime time telly show as it 'did not excite him'.

Well thats a bloomin result for the rest of humanity then cos he does not excite us either.

Phew!!!

So, definitely a case of "No Deal" then!

:)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    skyd0g wrote:
    Noel Edmunds was cool for around 38 seconds in 1978 when he hosted Swap Shop, until the camera panned on him & he opened his mouth.

He probably didn't even need to open his mouth - having grown up during the heyday of Swap Shop*, from memory Noel's usual choice of knitwear would have been enough to banish any prospect of him being cool.

David

*Yes, I did watch it on a semi-regular basis (although the BBC's Saturday morning output was utter pants compared to Tiswas). To be fair, I didn't know any better - I hadn't even started primary school at the time.
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    For some reason, I can barely stand the sight of the tidy-bearded cnut.

Same haircut/beard combo for 30 years - and the same colour.

Like I said, cnut.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    smidsy wrote:

Phew!!!
    +1 - absolutely! saved us all, that one, what a wanker!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Oh come on, why no love for the man that brought us the hilarious Mr. Blobby on the even more hilarious Noel's House Party? Ah, I see your point................
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    but the problem was that Mr Blobby carried the edmonds, loads more talent ....
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483

*Yes, I did watch it on a semi-regular basis (although the BBC's Saturday morning output was utter pants compared to Tiswas). To be fair, I didn't know any better - I hadn't even started primary school at the time.
    Point of order! There was, and has been, nothing that comes close to Tiswas, so a completely unfair comparision.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    My favourite Radio One DJ in the early 70s..with Kenny Everett a close second....espec..his golden guillotine jokes..
    jc
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Sally James: That is all, Those of a certain generation will know what I mean (Plus shaving foam from the Phantom Pie Flinger)
  • solosuperia
    solosuperia Posts: 333
    Oh No! You've mentioned Sally James.

I wanted to concentrate on the Olympic Road Race later but my mind will keep wandering off............

Hmm probably the reason it took me longer than it should to accrue points for my license!