Ragley mmmbop, bit late to the party, i know!!

futuresbright
futuresbright Posts: 56
edited July 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Yes i know i`m a couple of years behind everyone else but ive just discovered the mmmbop frame and how good it is so i thought i`d post it.
Some parts came from a 2011 carbon Vitus Optimum 1 which whilst was a cracking bike for the money just wasnt fun somehow so i thought id go down the long travel hardtail route.
It now does everything from XC to all day trail centres to rides with the kids, got a stumpy fsr that doesnt get a look in anymore.

Doner bike:

IMG_0528.jpg

Mmmbop:
P1010068.jpg
P1010071.jpg
P1010078.jpg
P1010075.jpg
P1010072.jpg
P1010070.jpg
P1010073.jpg

Comments

• I love the mmmbop frames. Would love one but would be wasted on me. Looks good, but that vitus frame is lovely!
  • I love the mmmbop frames. Would love one but would be wasted on me. Looks good, but that vitus frame is lovely!

You are right, the Vitus was a work of art, beautiful to look at but just wasnt for me, too upright, i`m loving the slack angle of the Ragley.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Looks good. The Mmmbops are great frames. They are nice and slack, just as I like it. But I found they climb really well with it.
    They build up into very nice bikes (very respectable weight too). The ride was just too harsh for me though, didn't feel like there was any give at all, which is great if that's what you're looking for.

I still have a craving to build up another 140-150mm HT though.