do you think this can make money?

cammyb96
cammyb96 Posts: 107
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
I don't know if I am in the right topic but right now chainreactioncycles.com sale is massive!. Do you think there is money to be made through buying discounted items and selling below RRP? e.g: buy a helmet for £100 during the sale, wait until it ends and sell it for £170 if the RRP is £220?. It may sound a bit stupid but tbh it does seem reasonable!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Nope. If CRC are selling it cheap then that is because no one wants it due to colour or size or some other reason no one else wanted it.

Don't waste what little money you have.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cammyb96
    cammyb96 Posts: 107
    nah I wasn't serious I was just wondering haha
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    I heard of someone who was buying telephones from argos (50% off the fone rrp) and selling them on ebay for 75% of cost......

at 1 point was selling them and then going to argos to buy the fones so not holding any stock.....

risky could end up with a load of fones with answering machines.........
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Good time to stock up on some stuff though. I followed a link last night from a question on here and they're selling mech hangers for my bike for a fiver so I bought a couple of spares.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    This is the basic concept of business, but when you're buying from somewhere that any other member of the public can and, in any quantity, you'll never make money on it.....and for the reasons above, you'll just get stuck with it.