Twrch Trail

Jake2.0
Jake2.0 Posts: 46
edited July 2012 in MTB rides
anyone fancy it this week Wednesday to Friday.(first timer).BTW anyone know what time you can start? will be driving there so will need to park at the site.

Comments

• Car park is 9am till 7pm but gates have been known to open till 9pm.

Carpark is £1.50 for 2hrs or £3 all day. Ride is 15km for full Twrch so will take anywhere from 1hr if your Pro to whatever you fancy.

Once you get to the top make sure you do Airstream 1 and 2 plenty of times. Airstream 1 is Red and a nice twisty trail whilst Airstream 2 is black and is much wider track with loads of decent jumps & table tops.

If you want to save yourself the money, park outside the main gates in the nearby housing area (nice area, no car crime) and cycle the 500m up the drive to the start of the trail. Huge cafe on site. Water bike washer is bust tho'
  • Jake2.0
    Thanks for info so if I want to use trail before 9am I need to park off site?
  • The car park times must be a new thing, as we usually arrive about 08:00 and get into the car park.
    I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike :)

http://tammyots.wordpress.com/
  • Jake2.0
    Tried the trail today was awesome. Struggled up the technical climbs is it usual to have to push your hardtail up parts of them? Came off about 3/4s of the way down as I got a bit brave. Glad I had helmet as it made friends with a rock, just wish I had worn pads as got a nice gash now. Still loved it though.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    just for future info for anyone visiting. i though the car park is officially open 7am - 9pm? but i've known it never to open/shut. even if the barrier is down at the end of the drive you can drive through cwmcarn town and bypass it and still be able to park in the smaller car park next to the visitors centre anyway.

to the OP: glad you enjoyed it :D and yes, it's normal to push. it's my local trail and i've never managed to do the whole climb :oops:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    welshkev wrote:
    just for future info for anyone visiting. i though the car park is officially open 7am - 9pm? but i've known it never to open/shut. even if the barrier is down at the end of the drive you can drive through cwmcarn town and bypass it and still be able to park in the smaller car park next to the visitors centre anyway.

to the OP: glad you enjoyed it :D and yes, it's normal to push. it's my local trail and i've never managed to do the whole climb :oops:

it is 7-9 and also its £1 for 2 hours and £3 all day..

Dude was out by a bit :)