tv program

pieman99
pieman99 Posts: 42
edited August 2012 in Road general
Hello all, last week i saw somewhere a tv bike show being advertised, think it went out on monday at 8.00pm, but now i cant remember where i saw it advertised, getting old i think!! Anyone know what i'm on about?

Thanks

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    ITV4
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    yeah last night ITV4 at 8PM . and it was cr*p
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • pieman99
    ah right, know what it was called? what was wrong with the program?
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    The cycle show
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    I think it's worth a couple more watches before writing it off
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=322052

I have not watched it yet, so can not comment on what it was like. However, there seems to be many people on here that were determined that they would say that it was rubbish, before they had even watched it..... :roll:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    22 minutes to promote a record attempt, plug a book,plug a cycling team and watch some tw4t ride up a hill then get dropped by a girl.

Riveting stuff,really hope it improves next week!
  • pieman99
    well just watched it on itv player, not enough about the bikes really! oh well early days, so will watch it for the next several weeks and see how it goes!
  • biscuit959
    biscuit959 Posts: 111
    Yeah watched it on Monday - tbf I'd say it's almost certainly not aimed at anyone on this forum- well maybe like 5% of people. Its just about promoting cycling and getting more people on their bikes - which can only be a good thing. So I'll carry on watching regardless and hopefully in a couple of years cycling will become more and more popular and we'll get much more well informed shows on TV :)

Thinking about it again - it wasn't really very good at all haha - especially the cheesy fashion designer learning to ride a bike round town - it was all very staged i thought but then I guess thats just TV huh?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    It was really bad. I'll give it another watch, but if it's as bad next time that'll be it for me.
    More problems but still living....
  • Boxster
    Boxster Posts: 14
    Sadly, full of hope, I watched it. The presenter was OK but I found Graham Obree incoherent and unintelligilbe. Nigel Mansell only wanted to talk about his GP career. Most of the filming was the sort of thing TG used to do before they realised that viewers actually wanted to see the cars - there were simply too many "flash" shots with little opportunity to take in what was on the screen. There was a real opportunity to show us what Box Hill is like but they messed that up too. ITV4 needs to grip Century TV before this ends up on the poo pile and we wait another 10 years for a cycle show. To the uninitiated, cycling must be for weirdos - Obree and Fisher amply demonstrated this. After the Tour success, I think this programme needs to build on mainstream road cycling and MTB. We don't need to see tofu eaters being told how to wear a helmet.....so, as you may have gathered I was very unimpressed. Please ITV4 and Century, act before it's too late!
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Boxster wrote:
    Sadly, full of hope, I watched it. The presenter was OK but I found Graham Obree incoherent and unintelligilbe. Nigel Mansell only wanted to talk about his GP career. Most of the filming was the sort of thing TG used to do before they realised that viewers actually wanted to see the cars - there were simply too many "flash" shots with little opportunity to take in what was on the screen. There was a real opportunity to show us what Box Hill is like but they messed that up too. ITV4 needs to grip Century TV before this ends up on the poo pile and we wait another 10 years for a cycle show. To the uninitiated, cycling must be for weirdos - Obree and Fisher amply demonstrated this. After the Tour success, I think this programme needs to build on mainstream road cycling and MTB. We don't need to see tofu eaters being told how to wear a helmet.....so, as you may have gathered I was very unimpressed. Please ITV4 and Century, act before it's too late!

I personally think it was the presenter that was poor :?:

Graham Obree and Gary Fisher maybe very famous, but they are not people who enjoyed stardom. They did what they did for what they did, not to be famous.

Graham has had his problems over the years which is well known about and documented. There was little point the presenter asking Obree a question expecting him reel off a good story with zero input. The presenter made no effort to try help make sense of what Obree was saying, he just seemed to nod a few times and look relieved when Nigel pretty much talked over Obree.
    But it was obvious that the programme wasn't going for any depth. Personally I would have loved to have seen a 20min 1:1 interview with Obree about his life, but you would have needed a really skilled interviewer to make that work.
    Simon
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Absolutely typical of this meanstream tv station to put out such a mess of a show. Didn't surprise me about the presentation of it, or the delivery, right off the back of a british win in Le Tour of course. Wouldn't have happened if Wiggins hasn't have won. Typically hypocritical of the UK media in general ...
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I thought last night's offering was a bit better than last week's debacle. It seems as if they are going for a 'Top Gear' type format. That could be a good thing as long as they know when to stop, TG has disappeared up its own a**e in recent years.

Cheers
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Watched a few shows and boy it is dull. There is no sense of fun. The presenter is a tad boring and staid. They need to be more out there. Sorry I don't want a "serious" cycle show and this is neither serious nor fun.