Is theRockShox Recon Silver TK Coil travel adjustable?

Captaintomo
Captaintomo Posts: 24
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Can someone confirm whether or not this shock is adjustable to 80/100/120mm travel like it says on the Rockshox website please.

Thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Might be with spacers. It's not externally adjustable if that's what you mean..
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Hi mate . I asked the same question on here some are some require you to purchase a longer spring (for 120mm). TF Tuned do them look in the RockShox spring section of the site for a Recon/Tora XC Spring 120mm (about £54ish).

Thanks.
  • It's that i'm hoping to increase the travel by 20mm because i have this fork from and old frame and i transferred all the parts on to my new frame. The problem is that the new frame is designed for a 120mm fork but mine is 100mm at the moment. Is there no way of removing any spacers inside the fork to increase travel? 54quid for a spring in a little steep at the moment since I am a teenager. Will the 20mm addition to travel make the frame geometry better and the price worth it?

Thanks
  • cooldad
    Why not try it out and see. What frame is it?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Why not try it out and see. What frame is it?

I could but it involves taking it apart which i could do but i would need to purchase oil to replace the fluid lost. I just want to know if it could be done with the existing shock. The frame is a Boardman ht which is really light and i love it for taking me up and down Glentress!
  • cooldad
    I meant just try the fork out as is, without changing anything and see how it feels.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools