• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Don't you have to earn it?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Yossie wrote:
    Don't you have to earn it?
    You saying he is a dole scrounger? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • syncro
    syncro Posts: 120
    Just asking coz I thought they were pretty cool looking.
  • Yossie
    Cool or not, unless you are a member of the team or have won the jersey then you aren't allowed to wear it. Sorry.
  • daviesee
    Yossie wrote:
    Cool or not, unless you are a member of the team or have won the jersey then you aren't allowed to wear it. Sorry.
    I see a lot of team jerseys that need to be returned in that case.

I am fully aware of the "rules".
    Pay attention if you want. Ignore if you want.
    Nike will be collecting all those Man Utd jerseys back again I suppose. :wink:
  • Yossie
    Doesn't matter - the only people allowed to wear team jerseys/winners jerseys are if you are in/were on the team when the jersey was worn, if you have won the jersey or have a serious link - ie you are Cavendouche's saddle adjuster/person who looks after that other bloke's kid who lives in his house and he gave it to you (the 'Douche that is, not the other bloke's kid who lives in his house).

Nothing to do with the "rules", whatever they may be. (Sorry - not aware of them: is there is a link?)

Have to earn it.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited July 2012
    Yossie wrote:
    Doesn't matter - the only people allowed to wear team jerseys/winners jerseys are if you are in/were on the team when the jersey was worn, if you have won the jersey or have a serious link - ie you are Cavendouche's saddle adjuster/person who looks after that other bloke's kid who lives in his house and he gave it to you.

Nothing to do with the "rules", whatever they may be.

Have to earn it.

I'm confused! So Sky sell jerseys 'you are not allowed to wear'? What's the point of that? If they don't want people to wear them they won't sell them - but they do. The UCI licence the rainbow jersey for sale as well don't you know.......

Anyway, I think you misunderstood the OP. I don't think he said he wanted to buy the jersey for racing. Just cycling. There are no rules about what you can or cannot wear if you are riding a bike on a public highway.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    They wouldn't sell 'em if they didn't want you to buy 'em, fill yer boots. I think we should all wear a yellow jersey with pride.

To the naysayers:
    So I can't wear yellow cos its a TdF winner's jersey? Or White cos it's the young riders jersey, or Green as it's the sprinters, or White with Red dots, or in the Giro Pink, Red or Blue or White. In the Vuelta, Red, Green, Blue dots. In the tour down under Orange, Blue, White, Black or Red. Turquoise in the Tour of Turkey.... and so on....

Yossie must look a sight riding 'round naked as a jaybird.
  • Yossie wrote:

Nothing to do with the "rules", whatever they may be. (Sorry - not aware of them: is there is a link?)

Oh Yossie :wink:
    http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Yossie
    No - jerseys for the riders not the buyers! Yeah! I don't dress as David Cameron and he's PM so why should you lot dress as, well, 'Douche or similar?

Not my fault that you're not good enough to earn it and have to pretend to be me and Pokerface. We rock. And Matt and Cleat. They rock as well.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    Yossie wrote:
    Doesn't matter - the only people allowed to wear team jerseys/winners jerseys are if you are in/were on the team when the jersey was worn, if you have won the jersey or have a serious link - ie you are Cavendouche's saddle adjuster/person who looks after that other bloke's kid who lives in his house and he gave it to you (the 'Douche that is, not the other bloke's kid who lives in his house).

Have to earn it.

seem to disagree with this.

I dont wear team kit but if there was one I liked then yes I would wear it. Some will wear it in support of the team, some because they like the look but I don't think anyone should be told no you can't it's just wrong. Revenue from the kit will go back to the manufacturers, sponsors and could help bring the cost of cycling down making it more available/affordable.

In a few years if my son shows an interest and wants the world champ, yellow or whatever jersey then I will have no issue letting him have one. It can only help promote the sport when he is out racing his mates pretending to be whoever. To say sorry son you cant have that because your not in the team but heres a man u top then what are you really telling them. Your not good enough so dont bother but football is better because there are less rules and uptight owners?

If adults like the kit then let them wear it too.

On the flip side though, anyone who lets someone from an internet forum tell them what to or not to wear maybe shouldn't be let out alone anyway. Its a big scary world away from the safety of the computer screen and out the front door :twisted:
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Yossie wrote:
    No - jerseys for the riders not the buyers! Yeah! I don't dress as David Cameron and he's PM so why should you lot dress as, well, 'Douche or similar?

Not my fault that you're not good enough to earn it and have to pretend to be me and Pokerface. We rock. And Matt and Cleat. They rock as well.

You are joyless, if it gives people pleasure why can't they wear whatever they want?
    Especially as the money earned, in part, goes back into the team and sport.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • daviesee
    Beware the rules. Golf Club attitudes are down that road.
    We don't want that now, do we :?:

Didn't picture Yossie as a member laying down the law. :wink:
  • Yossie
    I'm sorry - its just that we haven't had one of these pointless debates in minutes and I couldn't resist it - of course you can wear anything you want - see posts passim (Will: that means in the past) for my opinion.

Buy it, win it, steal it borrow it: wear what you want and if anyon moans about it show them teh bird. You know, the finger. Like Goose would (if he wasn't dead that it).

Personally I am today wearing my Astana Belorussian champion's jersey because its white and its sunny outside and I like saying "da" and "I am from Minsk" to people at traffic lights.

I was also aware of The Rules but was being a b@stard apols :)
  • rolf_f
    I feel strangely relieved :lol:
  • Yossie wrote:
    Personally I am today wearing my Astana Belorussian champion's jersey because its white and its sunny outside and I like saying "da" and "I am from Minsk" to people at traffic lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK4JTMO3pZ0

:lol:

Wonder if mumsnet have wiped our IP's yet?
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • daviesee
    Yossie wrote:

PHEW!
    Normal service resumed. :wink:
  • syncro
    syncro Posts: 120
    I meant the black and yellow t shirts that crew were wearing after the finish on the Champs Élysées.
    Didn't think it would spark a debate! :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    FFS have some of you gone all American and had your sarcasm detectors removed??!!
  • rolf_f
    Pross wrote:
    FFS have some of you gone all American and had your sarcasm detectors removed??!!

FFS?? I think you've had your forum post sense of proportion removed! :lol:
  • Yossie
    In answer to the OP and to boost my post count: sorry, no. Perhaps get a few printed up? Can't be that expensive (especially as compared to official merchandise?) Maybe worth a phone call to the local t-shirt man.......
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Yossie wrote:
    In answer to the OP and to boost my post count: sorry, no. Perhaps get a few printed up? Can't be that expensive (especially as compared to official merchandise?) Maybe worth a phone call to the local t-shirt man.......

Maybe someone could get some decals made up that could go on a standard yellow and black T shirt. Apparently there's a really good bloke on ebay.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Pross wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

Maybe someone could get some decals made up that could go on a standard yellow and black T shirt. Apparently there's a really good bloke on ebay.

Can. Worms. Open. Everywhere!

Now why did you have to mention buying decals from eBay?!?!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • snoopsmydogg
    what about one of these?

bumblebee.jpg
  • jordan_217
    what about one of these?

bumblebee.jpg

Oh FFS, beehave yourself.

[gets coat] :oops:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • daviesee
    jordan_217 wrote:
    what about one of these?

bumblebee.jpg

Oh FFS, beehive yourself.

FTFY. No charge. :wink:
  • jordan_217
    daviesee wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:
    what about one of these?

bumblebee.jpg

Oh FFS, beehive yourself.

FTFY. No charge. :wink:

Thanks honey :wink:
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Now we can all wax lyrical about our desires to wear whatever team kit we choose; I can't believe it would create such a buzz. FWIW I didn't like the yellow stripe on black so I won't rush to be(e) pollen one on!
  • snoopsmydogg
    looks like (h)ive caused a bit of a buzz. unBEElievable
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Yossie wrote:

:mrgreen:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved