My New Giant Defy 1

BlakeysFC
BlakeysFC Posts: 233
edited July 2012 in Your road bikes
Picked this up yesterday.

Absolutely chuffed with it, rides brilliantly, is extremely comfy and has some top quality kit on it for the money :)

20120723211402.jpg
By blakeysfc at 2012-07-23

20120723211349.jpg
By blakeysfc at 2012-07-23

Comments

• ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    very nice, don't think you can go wrong with that choice!
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    please get rid of the spoke reflectors (and any other reflectors) and get some decent pedals.

Other than that it looks good. Mine's been superb since January.
  • BlakeysFC
    please get rid of the spoke reflectors (and any other reflectors) and get some decent pedals.

Other than that it looks good. Mine's been superb since January.

Will do, haven't had a chance to take the Spoke Reflectors off yet. As for the Pedals....well I didn't realise that the bike didn't come with pedals :oops: so had to run back in the shop after I'd got the bike in the car and get some cheap £15 Bontrager Pedals put on :shock:
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    edited July 2012
    And NEVER lean your road bike against a wall.
    Will almost definitely put a scratch on the brifters.... 25% off resale value right there!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Love Giants. Love the Defy. Love that colour scheme. Enjoy it!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • BlakeysFC
    tonye_n wrote:
    And NEVER lean tour road bike against a wall.
    Will almost definitely put a scratch on the brifters.... 25% off resale value right there!

Thanks.

Now put a car mat up against the wall to stop the brifters being scratched :)

It was only out there as I was too knackered to put it away after my massive 2.2 mile ride today. :lol: It usually sleeps in the garage up against some bubble wrap so hopefully it should be OK for now.

Hopefully going to get some kind of stand for it tonight when I drive over to a local Evans.
  • PimpMyBike
    PimpMyBike Posts: 50
    Nice,the Defy 1 has my favourite colour scheme out of all the Giant's :D
  • gmacz
    gmacz Posts: 343