Trees make the best brakes!

Dan Dare
Dan Dare Posts: 367
edited August 2012 in Your pics and vids
Found the best brakes for my bike today, they're called trees.. https://vimeo.com/46252174

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Nice, think I did pretty much the same thing in the same place on your first little off last weekend!
    You could do with working on your jumping technique a bit though by the looks of it if you don't mind me saying. You didn't really look slow, but it looked like your were kind of trying to squash the jumps and not really clearing them. Try and push into the takeoffs and boost over them.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare Posts: 367
    My jump technique does need work, you're right :lol: I was squashing most of them today, I've found in the past that if I take some of them at full speed I land very close to flat or even worse on some of the jumps (and I don't think they're doubles, the pair at 1:10 for example) I've landed so close to the start of the next one that it's just been a case of holding on and seeing where I end up. I actually quite like squashing them, it feels quicker to me.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    It depends on the jump, some of the jumps at degla are very strange, some of them are nice. Though some of them send you off in weird directions, some of them are quite long, some of them are very short so you end up over-clearing them, some of them are VERY close together. Seems like that b-line section was built a little hap-hazardly in places... Some of the black bits before that are quite good though.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I'm disappointed, I was expecting death in this video.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Dan Dare wrote:
    Found the best brakes for my bike today, they're called trees.
    I have ribs that would disagree with that statement.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Those jumps look tiny for the speed of that trail, looks like you really do have to squash them. And a few do look like you need to hip them slightly to stay on line (no bad thing).