I've just ordered...

roddixon
roddixon Posts: 100
edited July 2012 in MTB beginners
http://www.radon-bikes.de/xist4c/web/ZR-Race-6-0_id_20543_.htm

I'm more of a roadie really but moving to Sweden in August so thought I'd probably need something to tide me over the long winters :D . On paper looks like a good setup, can't wait to try it out. I wont tell you how much I got it for, cos then you'll all buy one and it wont be so individual anymore :P

Comments

• roddixon wrote:
    http://www.radon-bikes.de/xist4c/web/ZR-Race-6-0_id_20543_.htm

I'm more of a roadie really but moving to Sweden in August so thought I'd probably need something to tide me over the long winters :D . On paper looks like a good setup, can't wait to try it out. I wont tell you how much I got it for, cos then you'll all buy one and it wont be so individual anymore :P

Nice bike! You may struggle to stop with those 10 speed shifters though! I do hope they post the RX brakes to you also ;)
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    roddixon wrote:
    I'm more of a roadie really but moving to Sweden in August so thought I'd probably need something to tide me over the long winters :D

It's called skis :wink:
  • roddixon
    Nice bike! You may struggle to stop with those 10 speed shifters though! I do hope they post the RX brakes to you also ;)
    It took a while but I spotted the mistake :) . May be interesting if they get the cables mixed up :wink: .

@warpcow: where are you from in Sweden? Good trails there?
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    It's different from where I came from in Scotland, put it that way. I'm based in Uppsala now, just north of Stockhom on the east-coast, and around here it's very (very!) flat, but pretty technical. A lot of the forests are either boulder fields left-over from the last iceage, or massive sections of bedrock pushing out of the ground. Stockholm is pretty excellent for biking too. You can ride out to large nature reserves from the city centre, and the terrain is a little more varied. Those are the only places I've ridden. If you're looking for tips about wherever you end up try happymtb.org, it's like Sweden's (smaller) bikeradar.
  • roddixon
    Yeah, we're off to Hudiksvall, a bit further north along the coast. Hopefully there are some good routes there aswell. Had happymtb.org bookmarked already!

btw, how are you getting on with the language?