Prestwich new trails

Bigchris
Bigchris Posts: 131
edited July 2012 in Routes
Been up to my local trails in Prestwich, Manchester and the council have been building some surprisingly good trails in the Phillips park area. Compared to the older trails which they built they are great. Loads of berms (some big uns, not quite lee quarry but...) and quite a few jumps..some pretty big uns too.

Nothing ground breaking but with the surrounding area...its better. The kids have been nicely wearing in parts too.

Give us a shout if anyone fancies it.

Comments

• compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Where exactly are they? Are they near to the M60 and the ceramics (?) factory you pass on the train?
    Also, where is the access to them? Might be worth a pootle along

Cheers
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I've not been there, but I'm local (Oldham). I'd be up for it in a few weekends time.
  • Bigchris
    Bigchris Posts: 131
    Its inside Phillips park, if you go to the children's play area you can access it there.

I access it from the shell petrol station right at the motorway roundabout on bury new road. Go to the side of the station and there's a walkway, follow that down. Once inside the park, get up the hill to the left after the wood carving and that about 200 metres down. Its not too hard to find, just look for fresh gravel.