They should get Wiggins to light the olympic flame

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited July 2012 in Road general
as the title says really, i've not announced it yet so could say it was (maybe it actually was!) their plan all along!!

lets start a campaign!
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• BillyMansell
    BillyMansell Posts: 817
    There's an ongoing discussion over on Pro Race about it;

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12867619

As I've said over there, I'd rather see an inspirational past champion do it than a current competing athlete.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    Daly Thompson might have something to say about that
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    he is a past champion and a competing athlete and just completed one of the greatest acheivements in sport! He gets my vote!

failing that, boris johnson unicycling across a tight rope and launghing a flaming wiff-waff ball into the flame!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    Eddie the eagle

400m lap with the torch on his skis and rubber suit, would be awesome
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Unlikely - I'm performing in the Opening Ceremony and we discussed this with Danny Boyle a while back (he's a big cycling fan too) but with the roadrace the next moring, I doubt Brad would want to be in the stadium the night before at midnight.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    As long as Coe or Thompson don't do it i'm not bothered.
    I am slightly concerned that Danny Boyle is doing the opening ceremony because his films really are sh*te
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    I think that Bradley will be more interested in what will be happening a few hours later, rather than lighting the flame.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Steve Redgrave was muted as the front running candidate seeing as he has won more Olympic gold medals than anyone (GB) he is surely a worthy candidate?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Michael J
    Michael J Posts: 11
    Brilliant idea!
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    Leave him alone so that he can prepare properly for the road race which is more important
  • As long as its not Will I am a dick head or some other B class "celeb"

It should be a sporting hero so Wiggie would fit the bill perfectly
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!