first aid

marsh-mallows.com
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
I have just started a new luxury cycling company here in Mallorca.
We employ fully trained experienced professional guides - I will not be doing much of the guiding, but need to be first aid trained.
I completed a first aid certificated many years ago - however I am very keen to be trained again and if possible on a cycling orientated first aid course
Does anyone have any ideas for UK based courses that will be a bit more cycling accident orientated?

Comments

• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    In the first instance I'd probably be talking to the CTC or British Cycling. St John's Ambulance can probably help too. I remember my climbing centre was offering an outdoor specific first aid course, so that might be another avenue to pursue. The key thing is the outdoor element to it - doesn't really need to be MTB specific - outdoor injuries tend to involve trauma and fractures, with the added complications of adverse weather and difficult extraction with ambulances etc. some way off.

Hope that helps.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    http://www.highpeakfirstaid.co.uk/

Highly recommended. I know a number of folk who use these guys for training, as well as being trained by them.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.