Torch Relay - Farringdon/St Pauls/City Thursday 26th

optimisticbiker
optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Apparently it'll be passing my offices in Farringdon Road around 8:37am, so I'll be here before 8 as usual... :)
Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Watched it go through Beckenham this morning - then tagged on the end as it was going my way. Got loads of flag waving and cheers from the school kids of Penge (and plenty of people old enough to have registered that I was actually nothing to do with the torch relay) which made a nice change to the usual commute in!
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    How can you tell what time it passes through what points? Am trying to work out if it's going to mess up my commute on Thu...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    How can you tell what time it passes through what points? Am trying to work out if it's going to mess up my commute on Thu...

The torch route website gives the start times for each leg and those aren't normally long so it should be possible to work it out to about 10 minutes or so.

But don't be a misery - arrive in time and watch it go through. There's a pleasant atmosphere!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    my cousin will be carrying it into Hyde Park - and has been selected to light the cauldron. It will be on BBC1 at 4.30pm.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Rolf F wrote:

The torch route website gives the start times for each leg and those aren't normally long so it should be possible to work it out to about 10 minutes or so.

But don't be a misery - arrive in time and watch it go through. There's a pleasant atmosphere!

That comment came across wrongly, I wouldn't mind watching it go past but I just want to make sure I've got a route through to get to the office more or less on time....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • How can you tell what time it passes through what points? Am trying to work out if it's going to mess up my commute on Thu...
    Go to the BBC torch relay site. Find the particular day (http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day69) and part way down under the heading "Routes" there are some tabs - choose the 3rd one "Street by street". That gives estimated timings for the route.