SPD SL Cleats

seanorawe
seanorawe Posts: 950
edited July 2012 in Road general
My Shimano SPD SL cleats are already starting to wear. The rubber bits at the bottom are falling off, making the small walk through the office very slippy. They are still good to go for clipping in etc. But is there a more robust cleat that doesnt cost too much?
Cube Attain SL Disc
Giant CRS 2.0

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Get some cleat covers or use MTB shoes and pedals for unhindered walking
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Yeah, none of the road cleats are really designed for walking on - they all wear alarming quickly.

Cleats covers are brilliant for café stops - but for commuting it's MTB SPDs all the way. You won't notice much difference in terms of riding unless your commuting for 2 hours + and you'll be able to walk at the other end without breaking your neck!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    MTB Shoes and cleats are out. My wife will kill me after spending £120 3 weeks ago on shoes and pedals.

Ill look at the covers
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Hahahah - fair dos!! At about a tenner they're probably easier to sneak under the radar!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...