Torch Relay - Kingston

pangolin
pangolin Posts: 6,632
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Here are a few times from kingston.gov.uk
9:14am - College Roundabout, High Street, Kingston Guildhall, Kingston's Market Place

9:14am - at College Roundabout the Torch Relay will turn left on to Kingston Hall Road and then right on to High Street, past the Rose Theatre and Kingston Guildhall

9:18am - turns left into Kingston's Market Place, bearing to the right hand side of All Saints Church

Entertainment in Market Place and Clarence Street, starting at 8.45am, will be provided by local Korean artists and Guajarati school students)

9:20am - Clarence Street and Wood Street

9:20am – onto the pedestrianised section of Clarence Street in front of the Bentall Centre

9:26am - joining the one-way system at Wood Street and heading out of the Kingston town centre under the railway bridge

I know quite a few of us live around here, anyone watching this? I need to get from Thames Ditton to London tomorrow morning, and the official Olympic website said to expect road closures up to 2 hours before the torch goes through! Kingston's says it's a rolling road block 15 minutes before though, so I'm going to choose to believe that one and hope for the best.
- Genesis Croix de Fer
- Dolan Tuono

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    I only cross the route on my way to work, but I may go in late and take my daughter to watch it before dropping her off at day camp.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    o.h. Has a hospital appointment in the morning, Hope thing get back to normal sharpish.
    Hook library is apparently doing free coffee and bacon rolls for the start at 8.30. Might be there if thats the case!