Your jammy results here

CiB
CiB Posts: 6,098
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
DrLex wrote:
CiB wrote:
To make a quite good day just that bit better the good lady wife has just fished a £1000 Evans voucher out of a margarine tub. Well done her. :D

Wow! :shock: :D I never knew anyone actually won those 'golden ticket' type things!

Indeed; it's worthy of the inception of a "Your jammy results here" thread.
Good idea. On the day Wiggo makes his mark, OH wins some goodies off Evans.

Post your strokes of good fortune here, the more outrageous the better all the way down to the fluke winning shots off the edge of the bat on the squash court that generate a 'jammy git' type response.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Not good fortune. But I would like to say that it's nice to see something like that go to someone that appreciates it, rather than someone that thinks spending £100 on a BSO is too much money.
    What's she going to get with it?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I ain't never won nuffink! :(
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ive just won the TDF :shock:

oh bugger it was just a dream :oops:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    I still wish they put real money in those little blue packets in walkers crisps..
    'dems were the days.
  • CiB
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not good fortune. But I would like to say that it's nice to see something like that go to someone that appreciates it, rather than someone that thinks spending £100 on a BSO is too much money.
    What's she going to get with it?
    Dunno yet, other than 'a new bike' but it'll most likely be split between one or more of the sprog collection, which will more than likely involve me adding to the fund if it goes more than two ways, which is the more likely option. Good how a big win is probably going to cost me money. :). There's a month or so delay until the yellow-fat-free-spread people post the voucher on so it could be September by the time whatever it will be lands in the hallway, and then it'll be winter as good as.

Personally I'd have it on EBay as soon as it landed on the mat so that I could spend it in a real bike shop. A grand is almost a nice pair of wheels in my book.

Has no-one else had any jammy results then? I thought we'd be on page 4 by now... :(
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    Couple of weeks ago I got 2 points just by finishing a TLI race - not done that in years....
  • I once won a bagatelle set at a school fate, got the highest score.
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • CiB
    These last two though are rewards for achievement, not jammy.

<waits...>
  • iclestu
    iclestu Posts: 503
    I got made redundant with 14 years service (so 14 months salary) a month or 2 before I intended to hand my notice in anyway.

Does that count?
    FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iclestu wrote:
    I got made redundant with 14 years service (so 14 months salary) a month or 2 before I intended to hand my notice in anyway.

Does that count?

Now THAT is a result.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    iclestu wrote:

Does that count?

Now THAT is a result.

That's nothing. I won the last golfish at the St Margaret Mary's donkey derby when I was seven, and everybody cheered :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • I've won the office sweepstake for the Eurovision 2 years in a row, take a bow Azerbaijan and Sweden. Other than that, absoluely nottin.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    I've managed to become entitled to $26.5m through my uncle who was in China and invested in business there. Unfortunately he passed away and his investment advisor can help me release the funds which are trapped in a bank and likely to go to the state for only a reasonable 50% commission. Funnily he's based in Nigeria and wants me to send him some money up front so he can apply for the paperwork.

Jammy or what. I didn't even know I had an uncle.

Ribble will be along in a bit to tell you about his jammy win by 30 seconds on the Marmotte.....
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    My Mum took voluntary redundancy from her job after working there for 24.5 years. She was 6 months off retirement at the time and the company gave her the full 25 year redundancy package, plus the 25 year long term bonus PLUS the elevated company pension for the same. (it was at least a months pay per year of employment, tax free for the redundancy package)

She had 3 leaving parties (one in the South, one in the North and one in Burton (home base)) as so many people wanted to say goodbye. Oh AND the 25 year long term service dinner as well.

I think that counts as jammy

(I just remember having to pour her into my car to get her home she sooooo pissed :lol: )
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    CiB wrote:
    These last two though are rewards for achievement, not jammy.

<waits...>

.....just finishing off the back of the bunch and getting 2 points is NOT an achievement - it IS jammy....
  • Had a hole in one at golf last Friday :)