Going into work Tomorrow

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
Come on guys, WTF I ve been out since Twiggo pulled on the Maillott jaune and expected the forum to be posted up like a Xmas tree.

Not even Pro race is giving it the big.

A Brit won the tour, a Brit in a rainbow jersey took the sprint on the Champs elysees for the fourth time in a row and next Saturday he'll more and likely add Olympic gold to rainbow stripes.

F*ck the Jubilee , I ve had 20 years of being the freak in lycra going into work every Monday morning , but tomorrow I ll be a God, a visonary prophet of all that is great.

so lets be loud and lets be proud, our time is now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    Couldn't agree more what a brilliant Tour from Bradley and Cavendish to win the final stage was awesome. A great achievement by all the Sky team and fingers crossed for more golds at the Olympics .......Woop Woop!!! :-)
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Sky jersey on this morning and got a few beeps from cars and thumbs up!

Lording it this morning. This is the sport I've been following for nigh on 28 years and never dreamed we'd get a British TDF winner. Cockahoop this morning.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT NORKS OR REFERENCES TO MUMSNET
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    tim wand wrote:
    Come on guys, WTF I ve been out since Twiggo pulled on the Maillott jaune and expected the forum to be posted up like a Xmas tree.

I've been too busy watching the box to bother going on t'internet! Really am chuffed to bits though - things can only really go in one direction for our sport from now on. This Tour surely has to be a catalyst for bigger, better things all round and greater recognition too :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • tim_wand
    Yossie wrote:

Yossie as our official under cover agent you'll have to report how Twiggos win and Cav's sprints are being received on Mums Net,

I got scared off of there when I genuinely went on last year to find out what the crack was with the free nursery care you got for 3 year olds, ended up getting stalked by single mums's (maybe thats the attraction), but I ended up feeling like a commuter on Cake.

As for Norks surely all things Cav can only lead to more Peta.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    My next door neighbours said they could hear me cheering yesterday, and said "He's won then". :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • tim_wand
    Hope you didnt fall off the Turbo Frank, bet you had him all the way to the line, despite the Hip.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    tim wand wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

Yossie as our official under cover agent you'll have to report how Twiggos win and Cav's sprints are being received on Mums Net,

I got scared off of there when I genuinely went on last year to find out what the crack was with the free nursery care you got for 3 year olds, ended up getting stalked by single mums's (maybe thats the attraction), but I ended up feeling like a commuter on Cake.

As for Norks surely all things Cav can only lead to more Peta.

Here you go, as it's well known Mumsnet is the authority on EVERYTHING http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/in_the_news/a1513777-Why-so-little-reporting-of-the-Tour-de-France

I'm actually saddened that they didn't have a 'Mumsnet representative' on BBC Breakfast giving us their opinion. No doubt Wiggins is evil incarnate having been photograph riding alongside his DS and neither of them wearing helmets :shock:
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    How did it go Tim, was you welcomed as an all conquering hero by proxy. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.