Olympic road race

Lichtblick
Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Are you supporting Cav / GB in next Friday's race?

I've just found this: http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012 ... -road-race

OSLO, Norway -- Norwegian rider Thor Hushovd says he will miss the London Olympics because of an illness.

Hushovd says he has not recovered fully from a viral infection and will not be competing at the Olympics road race that will start outside Buckingham Palace in London July 28.

:( :?

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I will be supporting Cav. Real shame Hushovd won't be there. He's one of my favourite riders, but he's and a crummy year :(

If it's a bunch finish and Cav's in the bunch then I can't see anybody beating him. That's two big ifs though.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Supporting Boonen, gf will be supporting Cav.

Will be there on the zig-zag if my ticket turns up.
  • ant41
    ant41 Posts: 59
    Corner of headley common road and tot hill. Not sure what time to get there. Thinking about 8-9 ish. Watch 9 loops then peg it home to watch cav storm to victory :D:D
    Bonking is fun . . . but not on the bike.
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    Yes
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    My fantasy result is Millar from a break or possibly the French track rider (can't recall his name) pulling off the shock of all shocks but failing that, yes, I'll be rooting for Cav.

Due to an unexpected job interview I'm going to be in London for the week. I guess I should try to go see it live but am totally unprepared logistically.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,402
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Are you supporting Cav / GB in next Friday's race?

:( :?
    Tis Saturday isn't it?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Is there a detailed route map / schedule anywhere? The map on the Olympic site is useless. I want to watch them somewhere north of the river so that I can spend the time between them going out and coming back with the family. Also, any big screens going up anywhere like Trafalgar Square?
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Pross wrote:
    Is there a detailed route map / schedule anywhere? The map on the Olympic site is useless. I want to watch them somewhere north of the river so that I can spend the time between them going out and coming back with the family. Also, any big screens going up anywhere like Trafalgar Square?

They are doing big screens in some of the parks. I'm heading over to Victoria Park to watch with the family.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • mrwaggy
    mrwaggy Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Pross wrote:
    Edit: Does anyone know if there will be screens up to watch it from the free section north of the river without having to lose my place at the roadside?
    http://www.london2012.com/cycling-road/ ... coursemap/
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    I'll be riding a 25 TT, might have the race on in the hq at the end
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    mrwaggy wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Edit: Does anyone know if there will be screens up to watch it from the free section north of the river without having to lose my place at the roadside?
    http://www.london2012.com/cycling-road/ ... coursemap/

Cheers, I hadn't seen the zoomable version before. Might watch in Green Park if that's not part of the ticketed area.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    So tempted to jump in the car on Saturday morning now that my weekend swim teaching is finished for the summer holidays but it's a long way to drive for an uncertain view and will undoubtedly miss the finish to the race. Think I'll save myself some time and money and just watch it on TV.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    28 July 2012

The Mall to Richmond Park
    10.00 - 10.17 hrs

Richmond Park to Box Hill
    10.17 - 11.42 hrs

The "Box Hill Loop" (9 laps)
    11.42 - 14.50 hrs

Box Hill to Kingston
    14.50 - 15.14 hrs

Richmond Park to The Mall