Wife 2 Be project bike

A16UYF
A16UYF Posts: 66
edited July 2012 in Women
Hello ladies,

Just thought i'd ask your advice as to which woman specific bike / frame you would recommend, as im about to start a project for my wife to be.

Thanks in advance
Cube Sting SCR (custom build)
Spesh allez (factory build)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Depends on your budget and type of riding. I wouldn't limit to womens frames either, they vary so much.
  • victoriac
    victoriac Posts: 56
    If your wife is like me - a 'typical' girly shape (shorter upper body and torso than blokes but longer legs, when compared to a guy the same height, wider hips and narrower shoulders) then a womens specific bike could be great.
    I ride a Specialized Era which is a great fit for me - on non women specific bikes I struggle to find one that I don't have to stretch out to reach the handlebars comfortably without putting on a really small stem, which then has handling implications.... :D
    I would take her into a shop that has a few womens bikes and see if she likes the fit or not, then go from there.
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    And if your wife is more of a sausage dog build like me (long torso, short legs), then she'll be better off with a man's frame. Although that said, it varies hugely from brand to brand - one manufacturer may be known for making 'long' bikes, and their women specific frames can be longer than the equivalent sized bloke's frame from another manufacturer.