Two weeks til alps trashed bike!!!

hoolabloom
hoolabloom Posts: 164
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
:cry:

So two weeks before I go to alps and i ve noticed my swing arm on my pitch pro is snapped at one of the welds after a ride. Not good.
so come monday i have to speak to spesh and see what the score is regards warranty.

Meanwhile i m stuck on line looking at contingency plans.

So what should i replace it with come the worst case?
Most the kit on it is in great nick so will be looking for a frame for my 160/170mm lyrics,Rp23 etc " week deadline will no doubt mean for some long nights swapping bits.

Any ideas ?

Like the look of Orange alpine/Intense tracer frames.

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Nukeproof Mega, they were going fairly cheap (£600) somewhere if you can find them on google, I can;t remember where they were.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Have you considered renting a DH bike when you're out there?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    NS Bikes Soda? Cheapish on CRC at present plus as its CRC it will be fast delivery.

Or hire a proper DH out there and ride it like you stole it?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I know somebody selling a pitch frame without shock, would be nice and easy to switch your stuff over.

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1134509/
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • hoolabloom
    hoolabloom Posts: 164
    New rear triangle should be with me today, Great service from the guys in M Steels in Newcastle.
    But after all the hunting for a replacement option I m very tempted by a cove G spot frame or maybe even the Alpine. The soda looks nice but Im not so keen on the colours. ( mmm how feminine of me) :oops:

So i think i ll ride me pitch in the alps then a new frame it maybe...