simple paypal question

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited July 2012 in The cake stop
I asked a question here before about Paypal and got some very helpful answers. So here's another...

I have now set up a Paypal account but for reasons too complicated to go into I cannot do the verification/direct debit/supply bank details bit on this account (sounds a bit dodgy I know) so I just want to use the debit card I have registered with Paypal to pay for stuff online, with one company that don't take debit cards.

is this possible, one knock for yes two knocks for no :D

Tried asking Paypal but they wont answer this question they just say set up the bank stuff and just use the card, I didn't tell them that I cant do this with this account just said I didn't want to. I understand why they prefer to have my details, but do I have to?

Ta!
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    I have my account set up with debit card details only and cant remember having an issue so far. Did try to verify once but paypal messed up and asked me to send them a copy of my bank statement for verification which I wasnt really happy doing.

If the company accepts paypal then I cant see why not but could be wrong though.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    You should be fine. I've had a PayPal account with a Credit Card only (no bank details entered) for years.

You can still pay other people, the only thing you can't do is, if you get paid by PayPal, you can't move that money into your bank - but you don't want to do that anyway.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    That's great, simple question simple answer.

If I get paid by Paypal I'd only spend it on bike stuff so it's fine.

Thank you :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike