heads up on huge discounts!

cammyb96
cammyb96 Posts: 107
edited July 2012 in MTB general
I was surfing the web and noticed this frame that was discounted from £1399 to £269!!!, it's a steal haha

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=74432

there are more here!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Cate ... scountDESC

Comments

• Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Well its not though is it?

Its a ten year old frame without a shock, by the time you build it up its going to cost more than a half decent 2012 factory built bike.

Id be surprised if even a die hard Kona fan would buy that.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • cammyb96
    cammyb96 Posts: 107
    did I say it was a great frame? I just said there was a huge discount on it....
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    You could probably buy a whole Kona full susser bike from 2002 for about £269.
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    It is a great frame, ten years ago I would of sold a testicle to get it.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Yeh I was having a browse whilst waiting for some stuff at work earlier.

First thing that caught my eye was a Cove Shocker with DHX 5.0 shock down to under a grand.

Then I spotted a Commie team DH frameset with DHX RC4, Fox 40s, carbon haven bars and so on. Just under £2400.

tbh, I can't REALLY afford either right now, but I'm still very tempted.
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    Likewise

The Meta AM Team frameset looks awesome but I cannot justify that sort of cash with a new baby due in just over a month.........we can dream......... :)
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    andymc06 wrote:
    Likewise

The Meta AM Team frameset looks awesome but I cannot justify that sort of cash with a new baby due in just over a month.........we can dream......... :)

What Commencal need to do is bring back the old/green team colours and do the meta AM in full carbon, damn that would niceee