51Km ITT tomorrow,post your estimates here.

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited July 2012 in Pro race
What time do ya think Wiggo will do?

I'll go with 1.01.03
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    20 secs faster than Froome. Wiggo will just ensure he stays up on any bends or technical parts so will not gain what he may have had he not been leading and having to be bit more cautious. Doesnt need to do a Menchov !!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    20 secs faster than Froome. Wiggo will just ensure he stays up on any bends or technical parts so will not gain what he may have had he not been leading and having to be bit more cautious. Doesnt need to do a Menchov !!

Yeah, but what time do you reckon he will do?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360

Talk about getting your excuses in early. Whatever.

Wiggo will have the hammer down from the second he sets off down the ramp. Absolutely no question. Both he and Froome have their own axes to grind tomorrow. I'd say Wiggo needs at least a minute on Froome to silence the doubters.

I'm going for 1:01:20 for Wiggo and 1:01:25 for the Froome dog.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Under an hour.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    how is the weather for tomorrow?
  • jim453
    Jesus boys, just post a time. We're only trying to have a bit of a laugh.
  • Thank-you for this thread - it has saved me starting one I have been thinking about all day.

Wiggo took 35 secs out of Froome on the first one, then in all the "excitement" of the mountains everyone has been piling into the Froome is god and can kill Wiggo stance (well what it seems anyway).

The Robert Millar blog link was excellent.

What I have not seen posted here or anywhere else was the first stage had large climbs that suited Froome and still Wiggo put 35 seconds into him. Tomorrow with a flat stage Wiggo will put over a minute into Froome and everyone will go - ah yes we always knew over three weeks and a mixed test of climbing, road stages and testing Wiggo was the man.

That is my estimate for 51km of TT'ing.

Clements753
  • jim453
    Thank-you for this thread - it has saved me starting one I have been thinking about all day.

Wiggo took 35 secs out of Froome on the first one, then in all the "excitement" of the mountains everyone has been piling into the Froome is god and can kill Wiggo stance (well what it seems anyway).

The Robert Millar blog link was excellent.

What I have not seen posted here or anywhere else was the first stage had large climbs that suited Froome and still Wiggo put 35 seconds into him. Tomorrow with a flat stage Wiggo will put over a minute into Froome and everyone will go - ah yes we always knew over three weeks and a mixed test of climbing, road stages and testing Wiggo was the man.

That is my estimate for 51km of TT'ing.

Clements753

Yes, well thanks for that, it was really interesting. Seriously.

Do you understand what you are being asked to do?

What time do you think Bradley will get tomorrow?????
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    jim453 wrote:

Does anyone know if he's using a Adidas skinsuit or a Coq Sportif one?
  • and as ever we have an "ultimate" TT time being asked.

All TT's are just interested in what's your best time, it actually doesn't mean that much. Maybe the weather, the wind on the day affects that.

What matters is the time between you and the people riding that day in those (changeable) conditions.

And seriously it is interesting what course suits who and what time gaps it brings to a three week road race - if you are a racer.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    It's 11km longer than the last one but flatter. That took about 52 minutes from memory so allowing for fatigue and not knowing how technical the course is I'll say 1hr 1 min 50 secs
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Unless there's a last minute change the guide says its 53.5 not 51, but I'll still say 59 dead for wiggins. Hell take over a minute out of Froome.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    From twitter it looks like Millar V Zabriskie could be fun, seems to be a little internal team bet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Naw... I was starting to think the main point of this thread was to drive Frank and Jim insane by waffling on and not actually specifying a time.

I believe Wiggins will do 1:02:20.
    At the 30.5km time check, he will be 1:15 min up on Froome, who will ultimately finish in second place to Wiggins on 1:03:55 (Wiggins will step off the gas in the slightly more technical last 15km).

Evans will be 3rd.
    I don't know what time he'll do - what do you think I am, fvcking psychic?!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Pross wrote:
    It's 11km longer than the last one but flatter. That took about 52 minutes from memory so allowing for fatigue and not knowing how technical the course is I'll say 1hr 1 min 50 secs

I like your scientific approach, but you haven't factored in the sideburns, so I'll go for 1:01:58.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I like your scientific approach, but you haven't factored in the sideburns, so I'll go for 1:01:58.

The sideburns are the source of Wiggins' power.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jim453
    and as ever we have an "ultimate" TT time being asked.

All TT's are just interested in what's your best time, it actually doesn't mean that much. Maybe the weather, the wind on the day affects that.

What matters is the time between you and the people riding that day in those (changeable) conditions.

And seriously it is interesting what course suits who and what time gaps it brings to a three week road race - if you are a racer.

This is a good troll, you nearly had me too.

Anyway, if you wanna play, just post a time.
  • jim453
    Under an hour.

Just a little too sophisticated for this game eh Richard?

When the TT's over we can perhaps have a stab at some contract bridge if you'd prefer.

Until then you'll have to specify a time like the rest of us proles.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    1:05:00

Yeah, I went there. I probably shouldn't have.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I think Brad will want to put a marker down to silence critics of his climbing ability. 59',30"
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Cancellara went 1 00'56" in the 52 km TT from Bordeaux to Pauillac in 2010. Wiggins finished 3'33 behind Cancellara.

Too Bad TJVG is so far behind Nibali otherwise he might have had a shot at the podium. I think he might pull back 2+ minutes on Nibali
  • MrT
    MrT Posts: 260
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    A lot quicker than the 25 I'll be scrubbing round this afternoon :D

I'm going for 1h 0'm16", 57" ahead of Froome.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    jim453 wrote:

Talk about getting your excuses in early. Whatever.

Wiggo will have the hammer down from the second he sets off down the ramp. Absolutely no question. Both he and Froome have their own axes to grind tomorrow. I'd say Wiggo needs at least a minute on Froome to silence the doubters.

I'm going for 1:01:20 for Wiggo and 1:01:25 for the Froome dog.

I'd guess that Wiggins doesn't care about the "is froome better?" doubters as much as the dope doubters. Anyway, he's got Cath on twitter to silence them :)

But the TT is his THANG, and I make the CRAZY prediction of sub hour 59.55 (it's v flat)
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    jim453 wrote:

Does anyone know if he's using a Adidas skinsuit or a Coq Sportif one?

I'm pretty positive it's an Adidas one but the top half looks like Le Coq. There is a rule that you have to ride what they give you but that has been roundly ignored - and after the Dauphine debacle Brad doesn't want to wear it.

I read that Sky had their replica ok'd by the race because it looks right but is custom for Brad and has the Adidas tech.

I'd like to see close up pics of the regular jersey and the yellow one and also the skinsuits to compare them.

Oh, and 1:00:00 so I don't get a row.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    1-02-10
    Beats Froome (Who's second) by 1-10-02.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    jim453 wrote:
    and as ever we have an "ultimate" TT time being asked.

This is a good troll, you nearly had me too.

Anyway, if you wanna play, just post a time.

Chill man, forum posters gonna post waffle whatever the questions asked :lol:
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,161
    Are the schedule times up anywhere?

Want to go out for a while - something strange happening - there's this sort of yellowy light and the air is sort of dry.