Which WAG has provided the most entertainment during TDF?

kanto
kanto Posts: 112
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Seeing as the tour hasn't been all that interesting, I thought it might be interesting to discuss some of the GC battles we have seen with the WAGs of cycling. I've never been a fan of Twitter, but after reading several of the quoted tweets on here, I decided to visit some of the girlfriend's twitters on here. There was an early exchange between Cath Wiggins and Michelle Cound, which was rather funny to see. Wiggins seems to be one of those ardent defenders, and hunts down twitter to call out anyone saying bad things about Bradley. As the tour went on, MichelleCound's tweets had me worrying for Chris Froome, she seemed to stir things up a lot and many of her tweets seemed to be deleted?

I guess Cav must like big boobies, as Peta doesn't seem the brightest lady. What has been the highlight for you all?

A brief outline of the contenders can be found here:
http://bikesoup.cc/14/cycling-articles/ ... ance-wags/

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    kanto wrote:
    I guess Cav must like big boobies, as Peta doesn't seem the brightest lady.

She isn't Einstein, but she doesn't purport to be. I saw her at a Help for Heroes presentation and she was actually very eloquent and considered.
  • kanto
    kanto wrote:

She isn't Einstein, but she doesn't purport to be. I saw her at a Help for Heroes presentation and she was actually very eloquent and considered.

To give her credit, she does seem like a fairly well natured lady and when I've seen interviews of her on TV she seems like a nice lady, unlike Wiggins and Cound. Cound seems like acid :!:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Mrs Cuddles Is a few levels above all of them.

Bonus for telling everyone to follow Quinziato's "sexy" girlfriend
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    kanto wrote:
    Seeing as the tour hasn't been all that interesting, I thought it might be interesting to discuss some of the GC battles we have seen with the WAGs of cycling. I've never been a fan of Twitter, but after reading several of the quoted tweets on here, I decided to visit some of the girlfriend's twitters on here. There was an early exchange between Cath Wiggins and Michelle Cound, which was rather funny to see. Wiggins seems to be one of those ardent defenders, and hunts down twitter to call out anyone saying bad things about Bradley. As the tour went on, MichelleCound's tweets had me worrying for Chris Froome, she seemed to stir things up a lot and many of her tweets seemed to be deleted?

I guess Cav must like big boobies, as Peta doesn't seem the brightest lady. What has been the highlight for you all?

What a patronising post. I can tell you're not a journalist either. Two "interesting"s in the opening sentence. In the second sentence, two "Twitter"s. Then you say "boobies" :roll: and somehow connect her physique to her intellect. I have never met or even seen the lady, but if I were her I'd give you a good hard shove on the left shoulder, frankly. :(
  • PuttyKnees
    PuttyKnees Posts: 381
    iainf72 wrote:
    Mrs Cuddles Is a few levels above all of them.

Bonus for telling everyone to follow Quinziato's "sexy" girlfriend

She seems quite charming and generous.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    kanto wrote:
    She's pretty smart - don't get get fooled by stereotypes. On YouTube there's videos of her talking part in a debate at Durham University - she talks very engagingly for ten minutes at a time without notes.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    Lichtblick wrote:
    kanto wrote:

What a patronising post. I can tell you're not a journalist either. Two "interesting"s in the opening sentence. In the second sentence, two "Twitter"s. Then you say "boobies" :roll: and somehow connect her physique to her intellect. I have never met or even seen the lady, but if I were her I'd give you a good hard shove on the left shoulder, frankly. :(

You're a very sensitive/wet/humourless character aren't you?!
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    davelakers wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:
    kanto wrote:

You're a very sensitive/wet/humourless character aren't you?!

HAH.

I'm a woman. Does that automatically make me sensitive, wet, and humourless to defend the women which the OP automatically slags off/dismisses/makes chauvinistic remarks about?
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    Its an internet forum. If you get upset about light hearted little threads like this, then I suggest you might be best turning off your computer....
  • davelakers wrote:
    Its an internet forum. If you get upset about light hearted little threads like this, then I suggest you might be best turning off your computer....
    Aye, there's probably dishes and ironing to be done. :wink:
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    davelakers wrote:
    I thought it was a pretty measured response. Of course, nothing wrong with a little light hearted mysogyny is there? :roll:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    mroli wrote:
    davelakers wrote:
    I thought it was a pretty measured response. Of course, nothing wrong with a little light hearted mysogyny is there? :roll:

Boys will be boys. Unfortunately it seems quite a lot of men will too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Eyorerox
    Eyorerox Posts: 43
    PT was on Top Gear in the reasonably priced car (Peta from Essex)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Peta certainly comes out of all this the best, seeming passionate but polite in the tweets i've seen.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Cath gets points from me for rising to some gentle baiting.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    I need to see them in evening attire and swimsuits, and hear of their interest to judge properly.
  • kanto
    A really insightful analysis of the various WAGs on offer can be found here:

http://bikesoup.cc/14/cycling-articles/ ... ance-wags/

Regarding Cath Wiggins

"A no-nonsense Northerner who you take on at your peril. Probably wears the trousers in the Wiggins household. Uses her Twitter account to settle scores and vent her spleen over various perceived injustices, ranging from customer service at her local equestrian centre to the ridiculous costumes worn by Tour de France spectators. I used to be one of her 6,000 followers until I dared disagree with her over something and she ordered me to “unfollow her”. Being a gentleman(and coward), I complied."

Very good analysis, I must say.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Britain's finest news source is on the case:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... riend.html

Amazed they missed the opportunity to shoehorn some bikini pics in there.