Where to watch in Paris?

mooro
mooro Posts: 483
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Hi,

After half a dozen great stages in and around the pyrenees and looking forward to tomorrows final time trial i have finally convinced Mrs Mooro and our two young ins that as we are so close to paris we might as well stay on for sunday. it means getting back home at 1pm ish on Monday morning and then off to work 6 hours later but i am sure will be worth it.

Problem is i have not got a clue the best place to go to see it. Are there screens around? What is the best place to park up for a quick ish exit? Rouen and get the train out?

Any ideas would be would be greatly appreciated - assume a very blank canvas, my rather daft idea for entertaining the kids at the top of the peyrsourde was to take a football and a frizbie. 4 bloody long hours there were!

Thanks Peter

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12866340

Some good tips from Pottssteve in here.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    thanks. couldn't see it on page one of the recent threads. honest!
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Sorry to sound like a tit but never paid that much attention to the geography when watching previously on the telly. We are out in gay Paris at the mo. Is the Rue de Rivoli on the circuit in Paris ?

Also are there any large screens ? Had a brief recce today but couldn't spot any. Also if things get a bit mental or the wife gets bored, can anyone recommend a good bar to watch it in ?

In fact can someone describe what the final circuit is please.

Looking forward to Cav roasting the rest in the final sprint !

Many thanks
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Rue de rivali is a good place. The flamme rouge is on there. I have done the last 3 years at the top of the Rue De Rivoli on the corner of Le Place De Concorde. I will be there tomorrow :)
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4