Cafe showing Sunday's stage?

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    So let me get this right - you are looking for cycling cafe to go to on Sunday where you can shout "look mum no hands" whilst being whipped and stroked by a slag? Always knew you big city folk were a bit depraved - we tend to settle for somewhere with beans on toast and a decent cuppa over here!
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Rapha have a boutique/cafe thing opening near Regent Street at the weekend.

May be invite only while they tweak the feng shui, but could be a possibility for Olympic RR if you can't get near the Mall.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Right, I'm fairly certain I'm going to be at LMNH.

In lycra, as I'll have cycled about 12 miles. Maybe I'll pull on my freebie TDF t shirt from the grand depart in Londres the other year, just to help hide the love handles. But the SPDs stay. May remove the peak from my helmet as a sop.

Anyone else going? Coverage starts at 2 n'est ce pas?
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    PBo wrote:
    Right, I'm fairly certain I'm going to be at LMNH.

In lycra, as I'll have cycled about 12 miles. Maybe I'll pull on my freebie TDF t shirt from the grand depart in Londres the other year, just to help hide the love handles. But the SPDs stay. May remove the peak from my helmet as a sop.

Anyone else going? Coverage starts at 2 n'est ce pas?

Sorry - I will be on the Champs Elysee :lol::lol:
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    I have a couple of customers just down the road but have never been in there. I have this vision of it being full of hip fixie types, am I missing anything Rick?

It is.

I felt wholey inadequate when I went to see the 2011 Zoncalon stage there, and I spent most of the time trying to suppress the urge to show everyone how much I knew.

It's OK, seating gets full up quite fast and the screen can be difficult to see since it's not that bright, but I'm splitting hairs.

If you like watching your cycling in the pub it's perfect.

I'm actually laughing.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    That sounds dreadful... I think I'd last about an hour before I went on some sort of rampage.

Each to their own and all that!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Le Commentateur
    The fixie crowd are just there Mon-Fri. It'll be mamils and club riders mostly. And maybe those Eurosport people hogging a table in the corner.
  • After seeing the quality of the complete nobheads behind the eurosport team on the telly yesterday. It makes me glad um a northerner and no where near London.
    What a bunch of cnuts!
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    The fixie crowd are just there Mon-Fri. It'll be mamils and club riders mostly. And maybe those Eurosport people hogging a table in the corner.

bugger. because i rode a flat bar commuter before, (even though i wore lycra) I never considered myself a mamil. (and i definitely fulfill the "mam" bit

do cheap carrera road bikes still disqualify me? it's not like i've had a mid life crisis and dropped a few k on a carbon bike with dura ace...
  • Le Commentateur
    After seeing the quality of the complete nobheads behind the eurosport team on the telly yesterday. It makes me glad um a northerner and no where near London.
    What a bunch of cnuts!
    You don't fool me, you're just envious. :twisted:
  • After seeing the quality of the complete nobheads behind the eurosport team on the telly yesterday. It makes me glad um a northerner and no where near London.
    What a bunch of cnuts!
    You don't fool me, you're just envious. :twisted:

Caught! I have cockney single speed hipster envy :lol:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    I was shopping in the west end on Friday afternoon and keeping up with the race via twitter. I jumped on a bus but timed my effort just wrong and heard a roar go up for Cav's win while I was jogging down the street - I got there about 10 seconds later. There was a channel 4 film crew in there at the time:
    http://www.channel4.com/news/allez-le-gentleman-wiggins