Boardman FS Team 2011 - Rear shock/Bush sizes

PapaLaz
PapaLaz Posts: 10
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

Firstly my apologies if this info is already on the forum somewhere. I've searched and found nothing so far.
Have a Boardman FS Team, the 2011 grey one, and have decided to change the rear shock.
Managed to get the correct shock size (from these forums actually), that being 190x50mm, however I'm now trying to find the correct bushing sizes. Does anyone have this info?

Placed an order with Mojo and gave them the frame details, but they've been back in touch to say they have no record of the frame so can't help me unless I find the right size. This is for an RP23 I've bought as a replacement.

Have also contacted board Boardman and Halfords (online AND in-store), but they're being no help at all.

So rather than taking off my current shock and measuring it (which is my LAST resort atm) I wondered if any of you good people could suggest the right size to request from Mojo?

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    There's a guide on TFTuned's website. You can probably skip the bit about unbolting the shock and just measure across it. All current Fox shocks have 1/2" eyelets.
  • PapaLaz
    Great stuff, will take a look. Thanks very much!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • PapaLaz
    Again thanks - was just reading the same on TFTuned :)
    So the good news is the Eyelet diameter should be the same (Monarch R to Fox RP23).

Another stupid question: if ALL sizes are the same, and to the naked eye it looks very close, can the existing bushings be removed from the Monarch R and simply re-used on the Fox, or is replacement a must (or at least recommended)? I ask as the current one has very little mileage on it, and would save me waiting for the Mojo order.
  • PapaLaz
    All done and fitted - was *exactly* the right size.

Thanks to all for help and the links.