In case this hasn't been posted yet

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert ... -de-france
M.Rushton

Comments

• timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    mrushton wrote:

He really is a very good columnist. This particularly rang true:
    Admittedly Froome has thrown a couple of toy spanners into the machine but he signed up for position and no amount of arm waving and theatrical playing with the earpiece will change that. If anything he'll just come across as stroppy. So a bit of decorum please
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Simmotino
    Simmotino Posts: 295
    There are a few on here who could do with reading that, although they'd likely dismiss it as coming from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about :roll:
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Excellent! Thanks for posting the link.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Good article. Thanks for posting.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    He writes occasionally but succinctly! V interesting.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Millar of course knows about having to work for a leader who he knew he could have ridden away from on the climbs. He was also a participant to the most blatant case of a riding ignoring team orders.

Have really enjoyed all of his articles, will read that later.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rickyrider
    rickyrider Posts: 294
    Timoid. wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

He really is a very good columnist. This particularly rang true:
    Admittedly Froome has thrown a couple of toy spanners into the machine but he signed up for position and no amount of arm waving and theatrical playing with the earpiece will change that. If anything he'll just come across as stroppy. So a bit of decorum please

V good article - thanks. From what I can see, one thing Froome should do immediately is get rid of his toxic girlfriend @michellecound - some of the things she's been twittering on about are quite unbelievable. Judging from her pic, I bet she's quite happy splashing Froomies paycheck courtesy of Sky... she even retweeted some comment yesterday which said something along the lines of 'at least Froome made Wiggins look like a doos today', before deleting it (and various other sniping comments)

Get rid Chris!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    rickyrider wrote:

V good article - thanks. From what I can see, one thing Froome should do immediately is get rid of his toxic girlfriend @michellecound - some of the things she's been twittering on about are quite unbelievable. Judging from her pic, I bet she's quite happy splashing Froomies paycheck courtesy of Sky... she even retweeted some comment yesterday which said something along the lines of 'at least Froome made Wiggins look like a doos today', before deleting it (and various other sniping comments)

Get rid Chris!

From what I've seen of her Twitter gallery, she's South African, which explains a lot.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    From what I've seen of her Twitter gallery, she's South African, which explains a lot.

It does indeed. Mind you if she called Wiggins a does that is quite funny.

Also, if froome lives in SA it stands to reason he'd have a hard work staffer girlfriend
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Millar talks a lot of sense and keeps an open mind, which is more than many do. For example,
    And so to the subject of the Team Sky preparation, a subject which has been and will be debated on the cycling fora with much vigour. The fact is you will never know , you can only hope.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert ... mbing-legs

You can only hope indeed, anything else is blind faith.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Great article and thanks for posting. I've sat quietly and read all the armchair internetters with their views on the forum and know that despite what's right in front of their nose on the TV screens they still can't see that Wiggins is a true champion. A great character too and as good a rider as Froome has shown himself to be he is a man with a dislike able and plain personality. Sky have played their plan out to perfection.

As for the WAGs Cath Wiggo is a little over defensive of her man when it comes to those Twitter critics PETA is just a down to earth woman who loves her little sprint rocket and Michelle Counds is a bitter b*tch.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • wvbarnes
    wvbarnes Posts: 4
    Thanks for posting. g.php
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Millar talks a lot of sense and keeps an open mind, which is more than many do. For example,
    And so to the subject of the Team Sky preparation, a subject which has been and will be debated on the cycling fora with much vigour. The fact is you will never know , you can only hope.

Selective quoting again Bernie. You might have posted the following sentence...

"All the team on the front or having four guys out of fifteen in the front group isn't unusual, it isn't proof of anything. It's what happens when you have the yellow jersey in the Tour"
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    Jens would be riding like only he can, probably spurred on by a never ending version of Sandstorm by Darude being played down to him through his own channel on the team radio.

Often wondered if the riders are allowed to listen to music in their ear pieces. I assume they are?
  • I'd love to see him on Twitter. Seems like the perfect medium for him with the one-liners and any put downs to any trolls/idiots.
  • DeadCalm wrote:
    Millar talks a lot of sense and keeps an open mind, which is more than many do. For example,

You might have posted the following sentence...

"All the team on the front or having four guys out of fifteen in the front group isn't unusual, it isn't proof of anything. It's what happens when you have the yellow jersey in the Tour"
    I don't see how that alters Millar's main point, given that nothing we have seen provides proof one way or the other. As the man himself says, "The fact is you will never know , you can only hope".
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Removed the Bernie bit there I see..? :D
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Good article. Puts all the armchair moaners in their place, though he didn't see today's result coming! He actually seems to enjoy the racing more than many on the forum, which I find very refreshing.
  • From what I've seen of her Twitter gallery, she's South African, which explains a lot.

That's not bloody surprising, mun (only slightly dated)

Andy