magura wotan

adamgraves2009
adamgraves2009 Posts: 31
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey been running my magura wotan forks for about 4 years with regular services and good maintenance. Recently removed the air preload from the fork to set it for a ride as I have done many times after a stint of inactivity. The fork usually stays level. But this time as I released the air the fork compressed. Was not sure what was happening so replaced the pressure and the fork returned to normal. The fork is riding ok but continues to dip when I remove the air. Any one know what could cause this to happen n how I can fix it. Much appreciated.
Specialized big hit pro
Orange 5

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Are you opening the flight-control during filling and emptying? If not, the negative chamber, which basically seems to be what the flight-control opens, could be sucking the fork down.
  • That may possibly be the problem. I broke thw flight deck switch a few months ago. I'll try again with a bit of gear cable. Thanks matey.
    Specialized big hit pro
    Orange 5
  • It's not the posetive .negative air pressures. Iv set the air pressure with the flight control fully open. Let the air out to see if this has solved to problem and it compresses back to the full length of the travel. Iv taken them back to my lbs but they are no longer a Magura dealer and have left me high n dry. Thw fork works normally when pressurised and the flight control still locks the fork at 120mm travel.
    Specialized big hit pro
    Orange 5
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Have you tried Magura's forum? It was pretty useful for me when I had issues with my Wotan vs. minus temperatures. Personally though, I'd say if it's riding ok then it's not an issue.

It's a while since I had any reason to empty the chambers in my fork, but I seem to remember it sucked down and I didn't think anything of it.
  • I'll give that a go thanks. Iv looked at the user manual but can't see anything about it in there.
    Specialized big hit pro
    Orange 5